• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

website critique, please.

mike barton

A while back I asked for a website critique and after some helpful suggestions, I'm back
with my newly redone site.
Once again I'm asking for another (helpful) critique. Many thanks in advance guys.

Mike Barton
mikebartonphotography.net

A while back I asked for a website critique and after some helpful suggestions, I'm back
with my newly redone site.
Once again I'm asking for another (helpful) critique. Many thanks in advance guys.

Mike Barton
mikebartonphotography.net

Hi Mike,

Just a few observations:
Overall look is pleasant.
Delay when loading pages.
"Text" pages, such as "about" and "accolades" don't resize with window width.
The bright red trim/outlines are too agressive for my taste.
Some gallery images have sky posterization, and there are downsampling (aliasing) artifacts.

Besides, you have some nice images in your gallery.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mike,

The use of flash is really an impediment. That extra loading is an unneeded delay. In the pull down menus, it's not obvious that there might be several choices and selecting that tab is not a selection but the top of a lateral menu. It's confusing.

Also when a gallery is selected, the frame work in white breaks away from the underlying page. Maybe it's only occurring in Safari on a Mac, but it's not good. I'd seriously consider going for a clean simple look without flash. That is likely to be more robust, load faster ans not chase away prospects.

Asher

Ken Tanaka

pro member
It doesn't look very good, Mike. You photograph large scenes but your whole presentation is crammed into this dinky window-in-a-window. The images have not been scaled well and many of the straight lines are saw-toothing...not a good thing for an arch snapper. It just looks cheap.

If I was a pro arch photographer I'd run to LiveBooks. Top-notch pro look with well-established and well financed service, and minimum fuss. They've recently reduced their fees such that it's quite affordable for even modest pros. Just do it! (No, I've no business relationship with LiveBooks.)

p.s. Is that the old Control Data HQ building in your commercial exteriors? My old home.