• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: A Museum Visit...

fahim mohammed

My grandson and grand daughter wanted to visit the Museum in Riyadh a day before they were
flying back home. They also wanted to take some notes and photos to show to their teachers and class back in the States... Well taking photos...tall order.

We went early ( the kids, my daughter and wife ). There was a long que. I approached the security
and told them that my grandkids wanted to take some photos to show to their class and teachers back in the States.

Why? Because they were asked to show this to their class. Why don't they study here? because they
are American! No!. Yes, really. Never! But they speak Arabic like us.! Because their mother is from
Riyadh.
Can they speak English? yes and french ( because their aunties do! ).
Here are their passports..now can you help us?

For Hamza,Mariam, your daughter and wife I will let them enter a little early. Thank You sir!

The museum is very very good with big sections devoted to Islamic and Saudi History and culture.
A very high tech show indeed.

Hamza, we have a bigger meteor than in Texas! Show me grandad..

p1049472038.jpg

only 2.5 tons.

Mariam, do you know the origins of writing and esp. western semitic writings? they are here and
they are much earlier than your ' A B C '.. tell your lovely teacher that..

p865533836.jpg

Hamza, are you taking notes? Did you know that the Arabs were very advanced in Astronomy.
The star ' Algol'? who do you think named it? do you know what it means?

p571739861.jpg

Mariam, you like riding. Which is the most famous breed of horses..correct. Want to learn about them?

p635085195.jpg

Time to go kids, people are coming. Hurry and see the time Saudi Arabia was under the sea and the fossil remains of that age. What about the ' Madain Al-Saleh '? Petra in Jordan is another of these.

And what about the discovery of oil? Superb audi and video presentation.

maybe on your next visit.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

A wonderful story, as always!

Thanks so much.

Happy new year (CE), my friend.

Best regards,

Doug

John Angulat

pro member
Fahim, what a great story to accompany these images!
At first look I nearly missed it as I foolishly failed to scroll down.
You offered us a very candid glimpse of your life and family, and we are all the richer for it.

Charlotte Thompson

Fahim

these are just wonderful! Thank you for sharing your family and life with us-
now the picture of the beautiful Arabian stallion in blue or it seems blue that the boy is looking at
do you know who this horse is- I ask because I used to train, show and ride and own Arabian horses- I adore them

Charlotte-