• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Skeleton

Ruben Alfu

This house might not be ready for humans, but for vultures known as "gallinazos" in Panama, this skeleton feels like home.

IMG_2826.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Skeleton

John Angulat

pro member
Nice capture!
I like the silhouette effect!
Would you consider darkening the cross piece of wood to match the remaining black lines?
Just a thought.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nice capture!
I like the silhouette effect!
Would you consider darkening the cross piece of wood to match the remaining black lines?
Just a thought.

Great idea, John; Or else making that would very light. Would be interesting to look into both possibilities.

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Hello John, Arun and Asher, thanks very much for looking and commenting. I´m gonna play around with your suggestions, in particular the lighter shade of that piece of wood, it seems to be distracting.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello John, Arun and Asher, thanks very much for looking and commenting. I´m gonna play around with your suggestions, in particular the lighter shade of that piece of wood, it seems to be distracting.

Ruben,

It's distracting only because it's not committed, one way or another. You can have one element white, light or red as long as it's definitely one of these!

It's the somewhat off black that is distracting, not that it isn't black.

You might even pick one bird, one that's complete as possible, and make that light too. I'm not saying that the picture requires that, as it must fit in with your own concept and that has a range of what's am acceptable variant and what's outside your intent. We are not the experts on your art, just people with good values and wishes for your work.

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Cedric, glad you like it, I appreciate your input very much.

Ruben,

It's distracting only because it's not committed, one way or another. You can have one element white, light or red as long as it's definitely one of these!

It's the somewhat off black that is distracting, not that it isn't black.

You might even pick one bird, one that's complete as possible, and make that light too.

I agree Asher.

I'm not saying that the picture requires that, as it must fit in with your own concept and that has a range of what's am acceptable variant and what's outside your intent. We are not the experts on your art, just people with good values and wishes for your work.

Asher

And I´m truly thankful for that! Sometimes I may look defensive (like now), and sometimes I´m actually defensive (like.. now LOL) but it´s just my way of learning, and almost with every post here I learn a lot.