• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Governor Granholm!

Rachel Foster

Today I had the honor and privilege of photographing and briefly meeting governor of Michigan, Jennifer Granholm, at a "round table discussion" at a community college. I was (am) thrilled to have had the opportunity.

sm6384.jpg

Jacob Eliana: Gov. Granholm 1

smallintense.jpg

Jacob Eliana: Gov. Granholm 2

sm6323.jpg

Jacob Eliana: Gov. Granholm 3

Shots 2 and 3 are noisy and grainy because I did not feel comfortable shooting with flash during the talk and went ISO 5000.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'd love the slice off that lump on her cheek! Why do I think that necessary? I wonder if she feels that's her trade mark or masculine feature to help establish she's no weak dainty thing to be pushed around?

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Today I had the honor and privilege of photographing and briefly meeting governor of Michigan, Jennifer Granholm, at a "round table discussion" at a community college. I was (am) thrilled to have had the opportunity.

Shots 2 and 3 are noisy and grainy because I did not feel comfortable shooting with flash during the talk and went ISO 5000.
Hi Rachel,

You have done very well with this impromptu shooting session and the results are impressive. If you hadn't told us about noise/grain in #s 2 & 3, we would not notice and even if we did, we would not mind. The essence (content) of these kind of documentary pictures is such that technical imperfections are of no real importance.

Cheers,

Rachel Foster

Thanks, Cem! She's a lovely, warm person. I even gave her a copy of my really rotten political poem (Liberal's Lament) and she asked to keep a copy. She might have actually liked it (although even I admit it's tasteless).

Asher, I had the same impulse. It might be because otherwise she's so beautiful. I'm trying to figure out why that matters to me given that she's engaging, bright, energetic, and talented.

Rachel Foster

Thanks, Ruben. I made a point of trying to capture appropriate expressions. Let's hoist politicians on their policies and performance, not their photos! Still, I did get some of those goofy shots but they will never see the light of day.

Mike Shimwell

I'd love the slice off that lump on her cheek! Why do I think that necessary? I wonder if she feels that's her trade mark or masculine feature to help establish she's no weak dainty thing to be pushed around?

Asher

You can - with photoshop!

Perhaps she just isn't bothered by it?

Mike

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I'd love the slice off that lump on her cheek! . . .

Do you mean that if she has it excised, you would like to have a section? (That could be very valuable some day.)

I guess you meant to say that you would love to excise it. A kink I had not previously heard of.

My late first wife's internist referred her to a vascular surgeon after a tentative diagnosis of carotid atheroscleorsis. She asked, "what might he do?" "Well", said the internist, "surgeons cut".

Best regards,

Doug