• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: An Old man's story...

fahim mohammed

There once came an old man to a fabled land. He wanted to get away from everything. They showed
him a beautiful town at the foot of the Annapurna range on a lake. He was not interested in towns. he wanted to be alone.

They told him of a forest across the lake. Nobody lived there. The old man was stubborn. He went to the forest across the lake. he had a small hut. he could look at the town from there:

p403341333.jpg

They gave him a small canoe. He would go to the town each morning. He would take his time rowing his
little canoe. He liked the lake:

p771850787.jpg

Most of the time, he would just sleep with the lake and the forest surrounding him:

p449394047.jpg

He would imagine colors, of the lake, the mounatins, the forest. he would wait till the sun went down:

p56250952.jpg

Then he would go to sleep, to get up early to see the other parts of the forest and the lake.

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Fahim,

The weaving of tales wrapped around a series of images works so well!
This works especially well when the images are as magnificent as these!
As Rachel has said, "More please!"

fahim mohammed

The old man had two very dear friends, in far away lands. Rachel and John. They could not be with him on this trip. He had promised to take them with him on his travels; in his thoughts.

He would get up early and row across the lake. He would pass a few people along the way:

p190598341.jpg

Some further distance away, he would park his canoe amongst the other boats of the simple village folk:

p22736101.jpg

The old man would then have his breakfast in the village and start the slow climb to a place he loved.
All the way he would think about his friends Rachel and John. Thinking of them he could easily negotiate the steep slopes. They were with him. The old man was happy.

He would reach his favorite place and look in awe, in wonder, in silence at the majesty of that which lay in front, beneath and around him.

p478503842.jpg

Everyday he would sit for hours and watch. Wait for the sunset. But he was never alone. He could make friends. Just as he had found friends in Rachel and John.

p971888339.jpg

So Rachel and John, just for you does the old man tell his tale. You have the time for him. He has all
the time in the world for you, dear friends.

John Angulat

pro member
My dear Fahim,

As I lingered over morning's first cup of coffee, this gift appeared to me.
Each word a ribbon to untie, each image a thoughtfully wrapped present.
I shall simply say thank you, and allow the feeling to wash over me.

Rachel Foster

The old woman, Rachel, also treasured her friends on OPF. The old man was a special comfort to her.

The old woman had been taught she had an obligation even unto the seventh generation.
smr.jpg

She took her obligation seriously, and knew that acts performed today cast along shadow.

smshadows.jpg

Rachel Foster

The old woman also knew that the kindness of the old man and those like them would help protect those she loved from the many dangers that lurked everywhere.

icicleforpostsmall.jpg

The old woman, in gratitude, wanted to give the old man a gift, but all she had to offer was friendship.

smbluebutt.jpg

Images posted with Fahim's permission.

fahim mohammed

John, Rachel: Thank you for the wonderful words and thoughts.

Last night ( here ) I had another gift.

Hamza + sister and parents from the States; Rayyan + sister and parents from Canada.

I have not slept at all. The grandchildren have jet lag, and my bedroom has been taken over!!!
Toys, painting books, dolls, tractors! strewn all over my bed!

I love it.

Thank you and kindest regards.