• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New guy

Randy Rebolos

Hi folks!

I'm a photo enthusiast. I'm in digital captures, editing and printing my own images. The experience of holding a 16x20 print compared to a monitor display fulfills the circle from the moment of capture. I still am amazed by the process.

I'm lately into to the hybrid workflow and I just started printing my images on cyanotypes on Arches Platine. I'm hoping to try out all the processes except silver gelatin and of course the elusive Fresson.

I enjoy reading your discussions here and I look forward to participating and reading your thoughts as I present my work for critique.

Too cold yesterday to do a hike and I got stuck in the house. Ended up with ice on the window shots.

Ice_20110122_7056-copy.jpg

Ice_20110122_7052-copy.jpg

Hi there, hope you'll enjoy your stay here...
I'm personally very found of the printing processes you intend to use and I'll hope you'll give us full accounts on your experiments...
Cheers!

Forgot to say, I really like your pictures... :)

Randy Rebolos

Thank you Sandrine.

Glad to know your fond of the Alternative Process too. I'm amazed at Kenro Izu's cyanotype over platinum nude series. Gene Laughter's Bromoil prints are mesmerizing.

I'll post results worth sharing. Playing with double coating atm and exposing with a single light source for a corona/halo glow.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Randy,

Glad to have you join us.

The ice pictures are superb. I especially like the first one.

Best regards,

Doug

Too cold yesterday to do a hike and I got stuck in the house. Ended up with ice on the window shots.

Ice_20110122_7056-copy.jpg

Ice_20110122_7052-copy.jpg

Hi Randy,

Welcome to OPF. Even getting stuck at home is no excuse for not shooting, as you have demonstrated here. These are lovely images that would indeed do well as enlargements of 16x20.

Cheers,
Bart

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Welcome Randy. I'm quite a mug for the type of imagery you show here. I do quite a bit of such work myself. Don't discount oportunities found at home. They're often very rich mines that, becuase of their accessibility, can be worked far more deeply than more distant or more complex scenes. In fact, I know one photo artist who has made a substantial name (and fortune) for herself with conceptual home-bound imagery.

Randy Rebolos

Hi, Randy,

Glad to have you join us.

The ice pictures are superb. I especially like the first one.

Best regards,

Doug

Thanks for the welcome and your kind words Doug.

Hi Randy,

Welcome to OPF. Even getting stuck at home is no excuse for not shooting, as you have demonstrated here. These are lovely images that would indeed do well as enlargements of 16x20.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks you for the welcome Bart. I've been printing on Epson luster for a bit. I still have to get my print on the Moab Sommerset Museum Rag right. The soft proofing is way off. Just a bit of patience and time I'll get it down.

Welcome Randy. I'm quite a mug for the type of imagery you show here. I do quite a bit of such work myself. Don't discount oportunities found at home. They're often very rich mines that, becuase of their accessibility, can be worked far more deeply than more distant or more complex scenes. In fact, I know one photo artist who has made a substantial name (and fortune) for herself with conceptual home-bound imagery.

Thanks for the welcome Ken. It was -19C last weekend although I liked hiking, this one for a specific view had a steep embankment and not too keen on icy ground with gear.

I had to open one pane from the double window and let the ice melt for a few minutes. Close it again to allow it to refreeze. I open again for a few minutes time to shoot before the heat melts everything. The color was due to trucks passing by.

Hello
Randy hope you are well. your picture is so good . Thanks for sharing is kind of post
Yesterday 01:04 PM

Thanks Atiqur. I'm glad you liked it.

Jean Henderson

Hi Randy,

I LOVE your photos. I just recently did a few (didn't work them as I should have so got poor results for what I was after -- so I'll not post them!)

Welcome!! I look forward to learning from you...

Jean

Randy Rebolos

Welcome to the site.

Nice looking ice photos.

Thanks Cody.

Hi Randy,

I LOVE your photos. I just recently did a few (didn't work them as I should have so got poor results for what I was after -- so I'll not post them!)

Welcome!! I look forward to learning from you...

Jean

Hello Jean,

Glad you liked the photos. Don't give up you will eventually get it.

Learning is a two way process. I'm looking forward to learning from you as well. Photographic maturity is both the mastery of tools and vision of thought. Still a long way for me to go but it'll be fun.

Randy