• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: empire state, viewed from my hotel room at the Helmsley

Nigel Allan

I know these are extremely simple shots and not particularly remarkable photographically, but I liked the fact that i got a unique vantage point on this iconic building from my hotel room framed exquisitely between two other buildings which, due to perspective, appear to dwarf this giant.

empirestatebyday.jpg

1. By day

empirestateatnight.jpg

2. By night​

Paul Abbott

Hey Nigel, I really like your first shot in B&W very much. The shaded buildings provide a nice frame for that great piece of architecture. I would work on correcting the verticals a little more 'cos this is a great image...

My gosh, Nigel. How fortunate of you to get the room with a direct view on the Empire State Building framed as it is. Your photograph is wonderful!
Maggie

Nigel Allan

Thank you

I am humbled and appreciate the compliments and kind words from such great photographers, especially since I thought of this shot as little more than a lucky snap.

Paul Abbott

It's a very striking one and one you don't see very often...I would love to have gotten that for myself. I won't ask you the room number or address though. :D