• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

PASTEL and CHALK

Robert Watcher

I shot down this street with a long lens later in the evening - and loved the tonality. I have intensified the soft colours (to remind me of pastel and chalk) by cutting back the "Clarity" slider a small amount - as well adding a yellow split tone to the highlights only, at a very low opacity to bring up the yellow tones in the walls.

20140527-RSW72860.jpg

---

Doug Kerr

hi, Rob,

Very nice result.

Your metaphor "pastel and chalk" is very apt.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I shot down this street with a long lens later in the evening - and loved the tonality. I have intensified the soft colours (to remind me of pastel and chalk) by cutting back the "Clarity" slider a small amount - as well adding a yellow split tone to the highlights only, at a very low opacity to bring up the yellow tones in the walls.

20140527-RSW72860.jpg

Rob,

The work you've put into this picture brings me back to the writings of Ansel Adams. He give me the impression that "He merely planned and imagined, viewing the landscape but actually made that mental picture appear in the darkroom!

Kudos!

Asher