• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Portraits? No!

fahim mohammed

Life; how, as, when, and where it is lived. ' Smile, say cheese, pout your lips, show your fann ( sic! )..', not for me.

p2566622450-5.jpg

Around sunset, of course.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Life; how, as, when, and where it is lived. ' Smile, say cheese, pout your lips, show your fann ( sic! )..', not for me.

p2566622450-5.jpg

Around sunset, of course.

But he does do this: smiles, turns towards you and pauses from his work! Here the background ADDS to
our interpretation of the person's milieux and world.

All a more formal portrait does is diminish distractions to focus on the value of the individual or group, such as grandpa and little dragon!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Oh! shucks Asher!!

It was nothing. Just point the camera ' correctly ' .....and

Yes, even with a sophisticated camera, it is always "point and shoot". I find that if I don't point, I don't get the shot I want, and if I don't shoot, I don't get any shot.

Best regards,

Doug