• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A big hello from Anil

Anil Mungal

Hi Everyone,

I promised Asher I would post in the intro forum, so here it is. I've been lurking ever since OPF's inception and only recently registered so I could let Asher know that the search was broken (it has since been fixed).

I shoot mostly weddings and corporate events, with a sprinkling of portraiture, concerts and sporting events. I currently shoot Canon equipment for my clients, but my favorite is shooting my Rolleiflex for my personal relaxation. I hope to learn as much as possible from the forums, and also hope that someone can benefit from my experiences.

Looking forward to our "digital fireside chats" (this is how i envision the setting of some threads).

Regards,
Anil

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome again, Anil,

The Rolleiflex is a treasure. For my father-in-law, before he went Hasselblad in a big way, his award-winning pictures were with the C330 Mamiya twin cam poor-mans Rollei! For those who don't know, these Mamiya cameras are stunningly sharp and easy to use! Cheap! Now for those who don't know, Yashica also made a twin lens reflex, (with a fixed lens) that produced some of the most stunning B&W images I have seen.

I doubt whether any digital camera really provides any thing more than reach and speed in real assignments.

Thanks for coming out of the trenches, good soldier!

Asher

Anil Mungal

Thanks for the warm welcome, Asher. I'll see if I can find a pic of my Rolleiflex and post it. I also may post a photo that I considered abstract but I'm not too sure how to define it now, based on the previous abstract discussion!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Anil,

It's easy to define "abstract" here by saying it is abstract! Have no fear! You can make any title and give your own thoughts. How others take it is up to them! I am not a strict academic or pedantic crusted guy in a worn out suit behind a pile of old books! This has to be fun. Anyone who is not here for that is in the wrong place!

Asher