• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I could cry....

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
but I won't really. I did my first wedding two weeks ago. I moved the files from my compact flash to hard drive, backed them up, gave them a quick viewing and then went on vacation. The vacation, ironically, started as a cruise but it also was the bride and groom's honeymoon - by accident we had booked the same cruise.

Anyway, I've been playing with my vacation stuff some - Washington State/Puget Sound is spectacular but I just went back to start up with some of the wedding pictures. I'm not good with photoshop YET but I've been converting my favorites and making some B&W.

I am so pleased and excited that I want to cry....tears of happiness. The bride is my friend from Kindergarten so being I am over 50 - 46 or 47 years, this is her first marriage. Her mother has lung cancer so the family pictures are even more important to me since this is her last daughter to marry and the timing is good that she could be there.

I will upload a few to my site. I am also working on building a website - not just a hosting place.

Steve Saunders

Well done Kathy. I did a friends daughters wedding just last Saturday. My friends own mother hasn't long to go as she is very ill, but we all went up to the Hospice and got some nice pictures of the three generations together. The sad thing is that they might well be the last pictures of them together that they will have.

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Kathy

Well done you, I'm sure your work will be greatly appreciated, especially under the circumstances, you must feel priveleged to have been able to do this for your friend and her family, and will have given them lasting memories they'll be able to treasure.....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kathy,

Not only what you did is a good deed, but also the end result of very hard work and committment in preparation for this. I commend you for your focus and devotion in becoming a serious pro.

My kindest wishes for future success,

Asher