• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In a desert garden

charlie chipman

The cholla garden in Joshua tree park

thesunandtheeyesm.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome back Charlie,

As usual you have a great original vision. Who else would think of using the edge of a head as a pillar over which to see a sunset or dawn?

More later!

Asher

james sperry

i wish i could come up with something other than, "i like this". it just doesn't really say what i'm feeling.
the image is tranqiul but dreamlike. i get the feeling of what somebody is thinking about during a daydream. well thought out shot and composition.

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Charlie,
It is a very intriguing image. Well done.
I especially like the way the subject's eyes is not looking directly at you.
This is one I'll come back to often (and probably try myself, if you don't mind).

charlie chipman

Thanks Asher, it has been a while I know but hopefully I will be contributing more and more.

They say a new camera can not make you a better photographer but it sure can inspire one to take more photographs, and in the case of the D700 I can make pictures now that I simply could not make with my D200, such as this one.

james:
i wish i could come up with something other than, "i like this"

You did and thank you for your thoughts.

John thank you, of course you can give a go at this yourself just as long as I get to see it :)

In fact I may try this again myself. I am not sure if I am 100% satisfied with the amount of cheek/face in the shot.