• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Water Drops

Jerome Love

I decided to try my hand at some macro photography, during some downtime, away from my assignments here in South Africa. I was inspired by this post on Strobist. C&C welcome.

3583115752_908aa4fd35.jpg

3582305803_134b507488.jpg

Strobist Info:

One Sb-28 CR 1/16th + 2/3 snooted right 5cm above cup.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A lot of fun! I like the appearance of water rising. I saw the strobist article and remebered that I too thought the best way is lots of water drops and lots of attempts. Actually, when one is set up, it sometimes just works.

Now I'd try to compose the shot wider with the shadows of the cup too, or have you now moved on?

Asher

Jerome Love

I'm going to mess around with it when I have so more free time, this was done with about 30 minutes of downtime, so when I have more luxuries like that, I'll try it out!