• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Greetings from a Dinosaur

Clemson Page

Good Ale, Raw Onions, No Women700.jpg

Greetings from a Dinosaur! I've recently revived a boyhood passion for traditional black-and-white film photography, of which the attached is an example. I'd be most interested in connecting with like-minded photographers for exchange of ideas, techniques and images.

Clem Page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Good Ale, Raw Onions, No Women700.jpg

Greetings from a Dinosaur! I've recently revived a boyhood passion for traditional black-and-white film photography, of which the attached is an example. I'd be most interested in connecting with like-minded photographers for exchange of ideas, techniques and images.

Clem Page.

Well, Clem,

I suspect you have a Crown Graphic or similar to get this shot. I like the silhouetting against the bright window. It's impressive and effective in conveying the mood of the place.

The dinosaurs still run the world to a large extent and the rest of the planet their fodder! Be that as it may, we're delighted to have your photographs shown here. What film system do you use? We do have a small cadre of very careful and talented traditional film users. They make up in quality what lacks in numbers. Explore and maybe you might comment on their work.

Do you dabble in digital or that's far beyond the dino realm?

Asher

Clemson Page

Asher, thanks for the response. The image I posted is the product of scanning a B&W print which was developed using standard chemicals over 40 years ago. The scanner was the Hewlett-Packard 7650n model which we use for legal document filings in my law office. It's not an ideal setup, but at least it's a way of getting my stuff onto a digital medium for transmittal in cyberspace. I suppose it's inevitable I'll start exploring digital photography someday -- but I am leery of the instant-gratification aspect of it. I'd rather slosh around in trays full of chemicals with the lights out. For me, that's where the magic happens.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sloshing Around with Chemicals! Yes we still do film and love it!

I'd rather slosh around in trays full of chemicals with the lights out. For me, that's where the magic happens.

Clemson,

Just to give you a start in getting to know other "sloshers", here's a small few:

Jim Galli,
Ben Rubinstein
Dawid Loubser
Daniel Buck

Some of the guys are here.

Asher