• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from Stuttgart, Germany

Bernhard Rees

Hello to the OPF community,

This forum caught my attention just recently while reviewing my workflow in digital photography. I was amazed about the level of details I could find here on that topic.

Photography is a part of my life since about 30 years although it is not my profession. I am highly fascinated by photography of people and while traveling. Today I am shooting digital photos only but I still appreciate the past times sitting in a dark room getting black and white prints from my film negatives.

I am looking forward to a very inspiring time here. Hope to learn from this forum and share some of my experience as well.

Bernhard

Hello to the OPF community,

This forum caught my attention just recently while reviewing my workflow in digital photography. I was amazed about the level of details I could find here on that topic.

Hi Bernhard,

Welcome to OPF. You are right, the diversity and collaboration is great here. It's my personal belief that by sharing one gets more in return.

Photography is a part of my life since about 30 years although it is not my profession. I am highly fascinated by photography of people and while traveling. Today I am shooting digital photos only but I still appreciate the past times sitting in a dark room getting black and white prints from my film negatives.

We have people with all sorts of background and skill level here, from happy snappers to established professionals. We all share the love for images. I also have fond memories of my dark room days. The image appearing in the developer bath still has something magical. But for workflow, nothing beats digital. It's also much easier to experiment and switch ISO mid-roll so to speak.

I am looking forward to a very inspiring time here. Hope to learn from this forum and share some of my experience as well.

Looking forward to it as well.

Bart

Bernhard Rees

Hi Bart,

Thanks for your warm welcome. The sticky dark room with the picture apprearing on the white sheet of paper was a great experience. But today I can experience similar moments sitting in front of my computer since the digital workflow gives me a lot more possibilities in a more comfortable environment.

Bernhard

janet Smith

pro member
The sticky dark room with the picture apprearing on the white sheet of paper was a great experience. But today I can experience similar moments sitting in front of my computer since the digital workflow gives me a lot more possibilities in a more comfortable environment

Hello Bernhard

I remember it all too well! the smell! emerging from the dark feeling like a mole! Thank goodness for my 5DMkII and Mac!

Welcome to OPF, looking forward to seeing some of your work......