• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The end of the world?

Doug Kerr

Well, the end of the world should have just begun just west of the International Date Line (It comes at 6:00 pm local time, everyplace - isn't that clever!) Do we have any reports as to how it's going?

All we have here in Dallas so far is a brief blip from one of my UPSs.

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Hi Doug,

I am following many news channels (,one in Manadrin ! ) just to get live reports of the Happening.
It seems CNN ( US ) is really geared up for this Mother of all Sunsets.
CNN International is showing people carrying their dogs into shelters!

Take care!! ( I really mean it!! )

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Doug,

I am following many news channels (,one in Manadrin ! ) just to get live reports of the Happening.
It seems CNN ( US ) is really geared up for this Mother of all Sunsets.
CNN International is showing people carrying their dogs into shelters!

Take care!! ( I really mean it!! )

Folk, before you go into shelters, please mail me your Leica's and lenses, also any MF digital backs and ..............

I'm not going this time as my father still has work for me to do!

Asher

Thou shalt be forgiven of all thy sin if thou given me thy Sinar and thy Leaf Back (don't forget the strobe, please).

The end is nigh and this is the price to pay for the gates of Heaven.

These insignificant material possessions shall be in good hands 'till GxD Almighty asks for this loot. I'll take great care of it. Now go in peace, friends... mind the step.

fahim mohammed

What mathematical error ( or magic number overlooked ) was made this time around, Rev. Camping. ?
You have had 17 years to revise your calculations; since your last vision.

Guess the Family Radio Network ( 66 stations of them ) stopped paying their bills!!

While at Terminator headquarters, someone must be wishing the world does end at 1800 hrs!!
California Time, of course. Is Oakland within the same time zone?

p.s Quo Vadis Rev. Camping?

p.p. s All is not lost. The next deadline ( accordian to Mayan calculations ) is 12/12/2012.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The God of Abraham is not stupid! That's the data that should be referenced. It doesn't make sense to destroy the world that still full of life, love and hope and the challenge to make it better. What loving father would reject or destroy his children. We have the choice to rise up from the animal and make peace on these diverse lands over which we hold dominion.

As to his mansion, it has many doors and windows, and not being stupid, all the entrances are equally valid!

No doomsday, just accountability for us.

Just be nice to the other people in the tour bus. That's all!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

p.p. s All is not lost. The next deadline ( accordian to Mayan calculations ) is 12/12/2012.
Yes, and the Cherokee calendar, derived from the Mayan, will come to the "end of its range" then. But there is no suggestion that this means the end of the world, or the end of time. The Cherokee recognize that this is just a number system, and it will recycle when it "gets to 999999". Perhaps they will adopt an era name to avoid future ambiguity.

The Cherokee are so good at this stuff. (This is why president Jackson ran most of them out of the southeastern US - they were a threat to the dominance of the European settlers there.)

So they brought "civilization in a box" to Oklahoma. And the English and Scottish settlers there found the Cherokee girls just irresistible. (That's why Carla was born a Crittenden, and later became a Kerr.)

We will celebrate the end of the world tonight by seeing an "Elvis Tribute" show at a local theater.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

From Reuters:

"With no sign of Judgment Day arriving as he had forecast, the 89-year-old California evangelical broadcaster and former civil engineer behind the pronouncement seemed to have gone silent on Saturday."

Well, if his transmitter wasn't earthquake resistant . . .

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

The God of Abraham is not stupid!

...snip...

Just be nice to the other people in the tour bus. That's all!

Asher

The word ' stupid ' is an attribute of mortal and perishable entities. Being ' not stupid ' is also only applicable to mortals and entities that have a finite begining and an end.

' not stupid ' as a negative form of ' stupid ', as for example, 'not bad ' as a negation of ' bad ' are applicable to worldly ( on earth and elsewhere ) beings and things.

That such terminology was used to describe the God of Abraham, and indeed of Adam, and the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth ( and all that lies in between and therein ) is most unfortunate. I, personally, find it to be very ill advised, insensitive and extrememly offensive to my beliefs and Faith.

Indeed, I find it offensive to the beliefs and Faiths of all those who believe in God.