Open Photography Forums

Open Photography Forums (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   OPF Look, Feel, and Vibe (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Administrative: Non members posting, but being "moderated"? (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20054)

Asher Kelman November 22nd, 2015 06:07 AM

Non members posting, but being "moderated"?

I have observed folk trying to respond to posts here, but as they are not members of OPF, they obviously fail each time, LOL. I may try allowing such posts but make them all subject to moderating and subsequent membership. After all, if the post is relevant and contributory, it's worthwhile leaving the door a little more "open"!

Opinions welcomed.

Asher

Andy brown November 22nd, 2015 07:38 AM

Good idea Asher.
I'm also surprised by how few new members go on to actually contrite anything at, not a single post.
It seems a shame to me that this forum doesn't have more activity.
Quantity is definitely not always quality but more interested posters should only be a good thing.
I have to say that being one of the now very few Southern Hemisphere posters that my logins during daylight hours are very lonely. Fortunately a couple of old insomniacs ( no names, you know who you are) help to alleviate that.
Anyway, definitely worth a try.

Doug Kerr November 22nd, 2015 08:56 AM

Hi, Asher,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asher Kelman (Post 167842)
I have observed folk trying to respond to posts here, but as they are not members of OPF, they obviously fail each time, LOL. I may try allowing such posts but make them all subject to moderating and subsequent membership. After all, if the post is relevant and contributory, it's worthwhile leaving the door a little more "open"!

Opinions welcomed.

I think that is a good idea. Of course, it is more work for the "moderator(s)"!

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed November 22nd, 2015 03:26 PM

I think that is a good idea.

However it appears that someone who wants to post doesn't realize that one has to be a member to
do that. Strange!

And as Doug mentions, more work for the mods.

But more participation does need to be encouraged.

Asher Kelman November 22nd, 2015 11:19 PM

Set it up, but doesn't work as I'd hoped! Still asks one to login! So, let's allow anyone that registers permission to post and then simply delete and ban anyone that posts garbage! This could be very workable as I can delete and ban in the same stroke!

So,I have opened the gate!

Asher

Doug Kerr November 23rd, 2015 08:47 AM

Hi, Asher,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asher Kelman (Post 167887)
Set it up, but doesn't work as I'd hoped! Still asks one to login! So, let's allow anyone that registers permission to post and then simply delete and ban anyone that posts garbage! This could be very workable as I can delete and ban in the same stroke!

So,I have opened the gate!

Sounds practical.

Best regards,

Doug