• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Poser (warning 655k)

Don Lashier

Some cats just like to pose (most not). Simon was one such. Again a rescue that showed up terrified at our door, then hid out on a chair seat under the dining room table for three days. He rarely would let my wife or myself handle him but otherwise was quite content with life and loved to pose - entirely comfortable with me a foot or two away snapping pics.

These photos were taken about two weeks after he first showed up. Everything converged - he hopped up on my black leather Ekhorn (a favorite spot to photograph cats (except black ones) because it's a black background), it was late in the day and the sun was streaming in providing good lighting, and Simon was more than happy to wriggle around and strike poses as I snapped away. I didn't do anything to pose him other than to smile and talk to him.

Over a ten minute period I snapped around 100 frames, 20 or so of which are here shown in actual order. He then went outside to the deck and I continued shooting (next post perhaps).

Usually I'm lucky to get one shot out of such a session, but Simon was such a poser that over half were "decent". These are all full frame, just output with quickproofs in C1 then combined into one big image using PS. Shot with a 1D and 100mm macro.

ps, just noticed that at least one is a dud - will replace when I get a chance.

poser.jpg

- DL

Last edited:

Don Lashier

Dierk Haasis said:
Ah, how to get around the 4 images restriction ...

LOL. Got the ideal from ping pong. When I get a chance I'll put up a gallery and link a single image to it.

Actually I have in mind to print these in an array but arranged them vertically for web viewing.

- DL

Last edited:

Don Lashier

Tim Armes said:
It's so obvious that I kicking myself for not having though about it myself...

Not only that but even for a small number of images it loads considerably faster in the browser.

- DL