Open Photography Forums

Open Photography Forums (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shooting with a Pentax 645 D MF camera (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Shooting harvest in some beautiful châteaux around Bordeaux (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18894)

Nicolas Claris October 31st, 2014 05:07 AM

Shooting harvest in some beautiful châteaux around Bordeaux

Of course the 645 D did a marvelous job even in "conditions" such as haze and cloudy skies…

Let’s start at Pomerol and Château Clinet !

Nicolas Claris October 31st, 2014 05:07 AM

Asher Kelman October 31st, 2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris (Post 157132)

http://claris.fr/Forums/Harvest_Clinet/_NCL7403.jpg
Barrels in the wharehouse…
Not a double exposition, not a reflection on glass, no photoshop…

Nicolas,

Of course, I enjoy Bordeaux wines and have a wine cellar that could receive a bunch of cases! I'm glad to see this fresh photography application of your feeling for nature, matured with the sea, boats and architecture, now so well applied to harvest time with such lush grapes!

I love the entire series and will comment more, but just for now, this picture, with the double exposure, has interesting dynamics. It brings to mind the the double images in the new 3D film by the French-Swiss Director, in the movie, Goodbye Language

Asher

Nicolas Claris October 31st, 2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asher Kelman (Post 157142)
Nicolas,

Of course, I enjoy Bordeaux wines and have a wine cellar that could receive a bunch of cases! I'm glad to see this fresh photography application of your feeling for nature, matured with the sea, boats and architecture, now so well applied to harvest time with such lush grapes!

I love the entire series and will comment more, but just for now, this picture, with the double exposure, has interesting dynamics. It brings to mind the the double images in the new 3D film by the French-Swiss Director, in the movie, Goodbye Language

Asher

Thanks Asher for the kind words.
However, read the caption, this image is :
Quote:

Not a double exposition, not a reflection on glass, no photoshop…
But was shoot on purpose (no luck there but technique)

Ah ah !

Asher Kelman October 31st, 2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris (Post 157132)

Nicolas,

Well done!

These grapes have that riper extra biological and sensual quality of being soft and having weight to be appreciated by the hand. Marvelous!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt November 1st, 2014 02:06 AM

Wonderful results Nicolas, a feast for the eye!

Nicolas Claris November 1st, 2014 08:34 AM

Thank you Dr !

Now lets pay a visit to the Château de Reignac, another family owned vineyard.

Nicolas Claris November 1st, 2014 08:36 AM

Nicolas Claris November 1st, 2014 08:40 AM

Enjoy like I did !

Asher Kelman November 1st, 2014 08:45 AM

A front cover for Book a book on wine!

Which favorite lens for this work?

Asher

Nicolas Claris November 1st, 2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asher Kelman (Post 157176)

A front cover for Book a book on wine!

Which favorite lens for this work?

Asher

I thought you'd prefer the car ; )

For this shot:
smc PENTAX-D FA645 55mm F2.8 AL [IF] SDM AW
1/80s, ƒ2.8, ISO 400

Dawid Loubser April 21st, 2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris (Post 157178)
I thought you'd prefer the car ; )

For this shot:
smc PENTAX-D FA645 55mm F2.8 AL [IF] SDM AW
1/80s, ƒ2.8, ISO 400

I do!! The car is lovely.

Maggie Terlecki April 21st, 2018 10:39 AM

Oh, Nicolas, how wonderful to be able to be there while there is a harvest. I'm surprised that it is so early in the year... I would have thought only in the fall ...... oh, nevermind, I see that this is from several years ago.. how funny!

I do have to say though, that I wish I could correct their sign... on appointment means they translated directly; it should say By Appointment Only! :-)

Even though from many years ago, happy to see this as I must have missed it back then. :-) Maggie

Asher Kelman April 26th, 2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris (Post 157131)
Of course the 645 D did a marvelous job even in "conditions" such as haze and cloudy skies…

Let’s start at Pomerol and Château Clinet !

Later, mon ami Francais!

This quiet image is all that we could imagine and only misses the sounds of the breeze skimming gently over fields or an early morning hawk looking for that errant field mouse scurrying along, collecting her groceries!

Often, when there a lush grapes, interesting denizens and an occasional comely tour guide, this quiet scenes like this are missed!

Thanks, Nicolas!

I returned to look again and it’s worth the revisit!

Asher

Nicolas Claris May 12th, 2018 12:07 AM

Hello Maggie,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggie Terlecki (Post 184429)
Oh, Nicolas, how wonderful to be able to be there while there is a harvest. I'm surprised that it is so early in the year

True, but all these colors and activities are so easy to catch!
In order to introduce ourselves (and our work) in the Bordeaux vineyard community, we shot the same areas in Winter and had this exhibition

Quote:

... I would have thought only in the fall ...... oh, nevermind, I see that this is from several years ago.. how funny!

My turn to be late, but not as much as you! :)

Quote:

I do have to say though, that I wish I could correct their sign... on appointment means they translated directly; it should say By Appointment Only! :-)

Ah! Was not me! ;)

Quote:

.Even though from many years ago, happy to see this as I must have missed it back then. :-) Maggie

Just in case you're curious to see more, here's a link to my exhibitions…

Peter Dexter May 12th, 2018 07:34 AM

A very impressive set of photos that are both documentary and very artistically shot.

Nicolas Claris May 12th, 2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Dexter (Post 184746)
A very impressive set of photos that are both documentary and very artistically shot.

Thank you Peter!

Antonio Correia May 12th, 2018 02:29 PM

Un excellent reportage avec de superbes photos !...

:)

Nicolas Claris May 13th, 2018 12:07 AM

Thank you Antonio!

That is funny how this old thread is resurected!
Thanks to Dawid Loubser… who loved the RR car :)