Open Photography Forums

Open Photography Forums (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shooting with a Pentax 645 Z MF camera (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Caviar! (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21663)

Nicolas Claris November 9th, 2017 11:21 AM

Caviar!

Today I had a shoot (happens 2 to 4 times per year) for the Michelin starred chef Nicolas Magie.

There is no cheating, it's real food, no paint, varnish and the like as often.
So I can eat each plate when shot :) Today was 10 dishes + 3 desserts! I could not eat them all, but I can assure it was delicious…

A pentax 645 Z + 90 mm, 55 mm and 120 mm, two led panels and a flash light mounted on the camera and… day light was what I needed!

Then when it was finished, with the Chef we "played" with a spoon of caviar…

fahim mohammed November 9th, 2017 11:51 AM

Wonderful!

But the glass should have some bubbly in it, no? I shall wash down the caviar and oysters with coke!

Regards.

Asher Kelman November 9th, 2017 11:57 AM

This is:

Formidable!Formidable!
Formidable!Formidable!

Asher

Nicolas Claris November 9th, 2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahim mohammed (Post 180882)
Wonderful!

But the glass should have some bubbly in it, no? I shall wash down the caviar and oysters with coke!

Regards.

Ah! The glass had been filled with some good Saint-Emillion, then emptied ;)
The plate just beside is in fact my lunch served by the chef while I was shooting from early morning…

But please, my friend, no coke with caviar! Water! sparkling or plain : ) or even tea (no sugar), that might be a good choice…

Nicolas Claris November 9th, 2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asher kelman (Post 180883)
this is:

formidable!formidable!
formidable!formidable!

asher

merci merci merci
merci merci merci

Asher Kelman November 9th, 2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris (Post 180887)
Ah! The glass had been filled with some good Saint-Emillion, then emptied ;)
The plate just beside is in fact my lunch served by the chef while I was shooting from early morning…

But please, my friend, no coke with caviar! Water! sparkling or plain : ) or even tea (no sugar), that might be a good choice…

I think the plain tea might go best as the caviar has a lot of salt.

But what about Saint-Emillion? How sugary can that be, or is it dry?

These insufferable ignorant Americans!!!

Asher

Nicolas Claris November 9th, 2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asher Kelman (Post 180891)
I think the plain tea might go best as the caviar has a lot of salt.

But what about Saint-Emillion? How sugary can that be, or is it dry?

These insufferable ignorant Americans!!!

Asher

:)

The glass of wine was not for the caviar but for the dish that the Chef prepared for me to eat (was roasted veal)
Personally I would go for Vodka with caviar

To the "These insufferable ignorant Americans!!!": Saint-Emillion is ALWAYS "dry".

Asher Kelman November 10th, 2017 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris (Post 180894)
:)

The glass of wine was not for the caviar but for the dish that the Chef prepared for me to eat (was roasted veal)
Personally I would go for Vodka with caviar

To the "These insufferable ignorant Americans!!!": Saint-Emillion is ALWAYS "dry".

I suspected that! I couldn't imagine anything sweet with caviar. But it does show my lack of refined upbringing! Who would have believed, way back, when I grew up in London, that an Englishmen would look to France for taste and class!

Asher

Antonio Correia November 10th, 2017 08:54 AM

Nicolas... what is this image for ?

Nicolas Claris November 10th, 2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonio Correia (Post 180900)
Nicolas... what is this image for ?

Hi Antonio

For the pleasure (at least for mine!).
It's been quite a long time I shoot caviar in dishes, I wanted to go for a macro, just to see how these eggs are when viewed "bigger"…

Jarmo Juntunen November 10th, 2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris (Post 180894)
Personally I would go for Vodka with caviar.

Hear! Hear! And some "black" (i.e.) rye bread.
Regards, Jarmo :-D

Nicolas Claris November 10th, 2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarmo Juntunen (Post 180907)
Hear! Hear! And some "black" (i.e.) rye bread.
Regards, Jarmo :-D

Suggestion taken Jarmo!
Thanks for passing by : )

Maris Rusis November 19th, 2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris (Post 180874)
Today I had a shoot (happens 2 to 4 times per year) for the Michelin starred chef Nicolas Magie.....
....Then when it was finished, with the Chef we "played" with a spoon of caviar…

The most delicious caviar picture ever! But is it upside down? Because my view cameras always show an upside down image on the ground glass I get habituated into flipping pictures in the mind's eye. Either way, still tasty.

Nicolas Claris November 19th, 2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maris Rusis (Post 181065)
The most delicious caviar picture ever! But is it upside down? Because my view cameras always show an upside down image on the ground glass I get habituated into flipping pictures in the mind's eye. Either way, still tasty.

Hi Maris,
Thanks!
The caviar was moulded in a spoon then delicately dropped on a plate, this is why you may think that it is upside down (due to the spoon shape).
What you see is upside up : )