• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Off the I-80

fahim mohammed

p2095126924-6.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Lovely shot.

Are we seeing some corruption on the edges of the negative?

I enjoyed your use of the California locution regarding interstate highways - "The I-80".

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Doug, Nicolas...thank you. Vineyards I know.

Doug, it must be Asher's influence!
Ask him why The Hollywood or The Sunset Blvd.

I can't afford the 7/11 Asher must frequent on The Rodeo Drive.

But it one must avoid The Freeway. Especially The 405.
:)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug, Nicolas...thank you. Vineyards I know.

Doug, it must be Asher's influence!
Ask him why The Hollywood or The Sunset Blvd.

I can't afford the 7/11 Asher must frequent on The Rodeo Drive.

But it one must avoid The Freeway. Especially The 405.
:)

The 7/11 on Rodeo drive? You must be kidding! That must have been a mirage for a weary traveler with a voucher for a drink only redeemable at a 7/11, of which there are none here TTBOMK!

The 7/11 usual monthly rent might cover a few hours on a Monday morning in Beverly Hills!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Weary traveler. Mirage. Voucher.

I indeed am getting weary of traveling. Mirages are for disillusioned people.

Vouchers I travel with, have been earned. Not gifts.

Asher Kelman

You missed that one Asher.

I know. Some folks from here fly over there for a
Weekend of shopping!
Fahim,

I cannot believe a 7-11 would even be allowed on Rodeo Drive, even if they could cover the rent, LOL! Who would it be for? Most locals can't afford to actually shop on Rodeo Drive, but it's a great place for people spotting!

Those who frequent the 7-11 stores would never imagine its existence in 90210 territory! If it's actually there and I missed it, so dos almost everyone else and they had better sell gold-tipped diamond covered pencils just to stay in business!

Asher

fahim mohammed

7/11

I would not have thought that the mere mention of such a benign and nationwide chain would elicit such a passionate response from you.

It is very common that we plebes, that cannot afford to reside in Holmby Hills or its surrounds, generally find 7/11 stores to be very accessible and economical.
First stop for me when I need a convenience store in the U.S is 7/11.
So much so that I choose my hotels on their proximity to a 7/11.

So why such derision from you on hearing that there might be a real or imaginary 7/11
In your neighborhood? More importantly, why such an outburst of sarcasm and hostility
towards weary travelers in search of a 7/11?

I hope I am reading your vibes wrong, but I am afraid I might not be.

The 7/11 on Rodeo drive? You must be kidding! That must have been a mirage for a weary traveler with a voucher for a drink only redeemable at a 7/11, of which there are none here TTBOMK!

The 7/11 usual monthly rent might cover a few hours on a Monday morning in Beverly Hills!

Asher

Asher Kelman

7/11

I would not have thought that the mere mention of such a benign and nationwide chain would elicit such a passionate response from you.

It is very common that we plebes, that cannot afford to reside in Holmby Hills or its surrounds, generally find 7/11 stores to be very accessible and economical.
First stop for me when I need a convenience store in the U.S is 7/11.
So much so that I choose my hotels on their proximity to a 7/11.

So why such derision from you on hearing that there might be a real or imaginary 7/11
In your neighborhood? More importantly, why such an outburst of sarcasm and hostility
towards weary travelers in search of a 7/11?

I hope I am reading your vibes wrong, but I am afraid I might not be.

You must be joking!

A) You as a plebe!

B) A 7-11 in the most extravagant tourist-rich real estate in the USA!

C) that I would be sarcastic toward you or ever show derision. The latter an absolute no no for me in my guiding principle, "Be nice to the others in the tour bus".

So I am left with you being humorous and at least that is possible!

Asher

Doug Kerr

I assume you guys are speaking of the chain of convenience stores named "7-Eleven".

The nearest of those to our home is about 90 miles away!

The nearest interstate highway is about 65 miles away.

But, contrary to what might be common beliefs, we do have a motion picture theater a dix chambres, equipped with Christie DLP projectors.

And soon, we will have a 16-lane bowling alley, built by the city. I hear it will have automatic pin setters.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Fahim,

I have not ignored this picture. On the contrary, I have been fascinated and returned for a number of reasons. Where is is? Then Nicolas suggested France and I then got to wondering about a journey you must have taken and visited interesting sites on the way. Was this by train or car?

Perhaps this was by train and we are seeing the reflections at the periphery of a wall from the other side. But that didn't seem to fit structurally so I have been left puzzling the story and how you came by the vineyard!

I excluded the possibility that the margin is marked as it is by some "framing" from image editing software, as it is beyond what I would imagine!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Now to the image itself. This has some of the richest greens underneath a beautiful cloud covered sky with a crescent break for light playing on the landscape below. This is a picture of abundance and confidence, for to grow wines, the community it serves must already have meat, carrots and potatoes!

p2095126924-6.jpg

The strong pole at the left provides a reference boundary and then a contrasting diagonal line of poles on the right.

I wish there was more of this enjoyable panoramic scene....... and the black spattered margin squelches my wandering further in my mind, as I am won't to do with such a bucolic scene.

I hope there are more pictures to come!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Doug.

Yes we were.

My grandson was in New Mexico with the Boy Scouts of America in Philmont, Cimmaron, NM. late last year. Know it is a bit far from you. But maybe next season...

And I do hope the bowling center is ready!!

Take care.

fahim mohammed

Asher, U.S.A. is a beautiful land. You should see more of it. Few clicks away from you is where they produce the make believe. I am not interested in that.

As I said, this image was made as I was heading towards the Delaware Gap; hitting the Appalachian Trail.
On and off I-80.

In NJ one gets to see wonderful vineyards. It was pumpkin season. Go in meet the owners. Get talking.
Share a few stories.

Head off into PA. Along the way, the scenery is breadth taking. I was not in a hurry. I was out to meet the real Americana, on this side of the country.

It was a visit I shall never forget.

Asher Kelman

A surprise that this was not France! I just assumed from Nicolas' remarks that there is such a route in France too! Also I never knew until now of vineyard in New Jersey!m

BTW, this route would also be fabulous for fall colors if you have the chance.

So meanwhile, can you let us in to the nature of the border, art or accident?

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,
Doug.

Yes we were.

My grandson was in New Mexico with the Boy Scouts of America in Philmont, Cimmaron, NM. late last year. Know it is a bit far from you.
Yes, about 312 miles.

As you know, New Mexico is pretty big. But only a bit bigger than Poland.

But maybe next season...

Well, that would be wonderful.

And I do hope the bowling center is ready!!

Well, if the bureaucrats don't screw it up any worse than it already is!

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Your wish, mon ami, is my command...

p1581224073-6.jpg

The frame is a sw filter.

Fahim,

I am happy with a lot of SW filters and don't have to know which one. I was so stuck in trying to reconstruct how the border appeared and at first I thought it was from the reflections of the other side of a train compartment. As you might possibly have deduced, I myself would leave your beatiful scene open to free the viewer to imagine more.

Your picture is stands well just as you framed it with your eye!

Asher