View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2010, 03:26 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Default You are invited: but you must arrange with me personally for the first 8 only.

So here's the above picture in its use in an invitation.

Asher Kelman: Invitation to The Academy's Inaugural Concert in Thayer Hall, December 11th 2010

Color may be slightly off as the originals in Adobe RGB were changed to CMYK
for printing by the graphic designer and then back to RGB and sRGB by me.

"8 Invitations available by request to AK by PM"

I have created a large library of such prepared files. I like simple clean images, where little to no text is required. No one tells me what images to make. There's no art director. So I am forced to watch and listen and absorb the moments and then come the pictures. In most cases, it's the staff and graphic designer who only then decide on which images work best for them. It's a system that allows me the freedom to be creative and hopefully produce images which stimulates the design process downstream. It's an unusual way of working, but one that's thrilling in the end when the pictures are selected for publication!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.