View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:09 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

So here are the portions of the Nik corrected image and 100%

Asher Kelman: The Stage of The Musicians and Singers: "Requiem" #1
Orchestras of Colburn School of Music, City Choirs, Britten's ovation for "Requiem" #1
Walt Disney concert Hall, James Conlon, Conductor of the Los Angeles Opera

Original Ricoh GR File Processed with minimal changes in Adobe Camera RAW

You might recognize, James Conlon, The Conductor, he's 3rd from the left in the front!

Asher Kelman: The Stage of The Musicians and Singers: "Requiem" #1
Orchestras of Colburn School of Music, City Choirs, Britten's ovation for "Requiem" #1
Walt Disney concert Hall, James Conlon, Conductor of the Los Angeles Opera

Original Ricoh GR File, ISO 800, 1/125 sec, f=2.8, Processed with minimal changes in Adobe Camera RAW

Here, the orchestra members can easily be recognized and so the Ricoh GR can serve well in such circumstances to silently document serious classical music performances where the output requirements are, as here, quite modest.

The musicians will be very happy.

Now for the choirs, they are a further 3-10 meters away and occupy far less space on the focal plane of the camera. Here one might well recognize the person, but the limit has been met as one can't enlarge the 270 or so faces and get sufficient detail to be excellent. no way. Still, the gestalt of the performance is recorded well.

However, I do not know the folk in the choirs and for them, I'd need a dedicated larger format on a tripod and that, I'm afraid wasn't in the cards that evening!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.