View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:44 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Nagel View Post

Why choosing a seemingly such a, let's say, simple company for the execution? I think they have a reputation for craftmanship and there is some creativity involved in making sculptures like this one solid enough for transport and not too heavy (it is hollow) without spending too much time on it - this is creativity in engineering which is mostly not seen.
Michael,

From their website it really appears that the company had a store of unused expertise that simply exploded to life for this work of art. I have gone through their entire list of merchandise and didn't find anything that required the great level of customization and perfection in finish shown here. I imagine that someone there has a strong reputation and a personal contact convinced the artist to have the construction done there.

I'd love to know the real story! Perhaps Linde has insights from previous private commissions.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.