View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:19 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawid Loubser View Post
Hi Fahim,

I shoot 35mm, MF and LF film as and when appropriate (and often when not appropriate!). Each format certainly has its merits. If a medium-format RB67 wasn't so darn bulky, though, i'd chuck the others and just shoot it :-) The LF camera is, on the other hand, a total submission to ridiculous size/weight, and being tripod-bound - may as well go all the way, for the images it makes possible.

In the darkroom, I often still chuckle to myself when I see the huge negatives - it's another world.

I very rarely tilt horizons, and when I do so, I like to think it's always purposeful. My only other example I have is from 2007 (sorry, in colour, hijacking a B&W thread!):

Divisions of faith

(APS-H digital, Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L)

(This was an experiment to try and create harmony when doing everything "wrong": out-of-focus foreground (f/2.8, 200mm), tilted horizon, shot straight into the sun, etc.)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs22/f/20...atographer.jpg

I'm fine with this, Dawid! This shows rules can be broken but how do we deal with the result. Yes, it's interesting and more so than a pretty sunset. We'd need more of this ilk to see how it works out. As a one off, one has a harder time of placing it in some evaluative scale, but if were a true scholar and genius, I could do better.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.