• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Summilux 35mm asph...the old one!

fahim mohammed

I, as some others, also subscribe to other forums. In one I go by the name of ' Rayyan '. My grandma wanted to name me that. My grandpa chose ' Fahim '. At home I get called ' Rayyan ' too. My grandson is named ' Rayyan '. In Arabic, ' Rayyan ' is the name of a gate in paradise.

Why do I mention this in connection with a lens thread? Please read on.

In one of these forums, there is a a discussion of the merits ( or not ) of the newly announced Summilux
35mm asph by Leica. Is it ( would it be ) better than the current one?. The current one has become notorious for ' focus shifts '.

I have the current one. It resides in Canada. My lux 75mm resides in the States. Why? I have two
sets of children and grand children. One set is American; the other is Canadian.

I also have two sets of clothes and cameras. One in America ( not used much ) and one in Canada ( heavily used ). saves me taking luggage and cameras.

I forget to take my specs very often. My ' old' summilux 35mm comes in very handy then. These
are with the ' old ' lux 35mm asph when I forgot my specs...

p929866159.jpg

p802685538.jpg

p602214157.jpg

I have adapted myself to this lens. As I have adapted myself to having two sets of clothes and cameras.

And, of course, I have adapted myself to ' Rayyan ' and ' Fahim '. Just as I have adapted to the ' old'
lux 35mm asph.

I shall save my money and visit either the States and/or Canada. I have also adapted to both these
lovely places.

Thanks for tolerating an old man's ramblings.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I, as some others, also subscribe to other forums. In one I go by the name of ' Rayyan '. My grandma wanted to name me that. My grandpa chose ' Fahim '. At home I get called ' Rayyan ' too. My grandson is named ' Rayyan '. In Arabic, ' Rayyan ' is the name of a gate in paradise.

Fahim,

I too have names from different sources. I was named David by my mother but my grandfather wanted the name Asher to soften the militaristic aspects of King David! Asher means happy!

Asher