• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Numb

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jerome,

I was more thinking of the general feeling - interesting reference anyway - thanks.

Best regards,
Michael

It's great to have your guys giving references to culture, just beyond our every day circle of experience. I like to think i'm educated but in truth, doctors, scientists and engineers can be some of the least well rounded people on the planet! I struggle to stay afloat and so grab any cultural flotsam that floats past!

"Numb" might be too neutral and passive socially for this od word, 'Fühllosigkeit'! The banner in the picture, it seems, is for the Finnish play in German, by that name where the protagonist is callous in his reaction to being lacking sensations when he holds his wife. He misuses other people around him in the family circle in psychodrama with projecting images on to sheets on the stage set out in a cross formation, which with a fish, has Christian symbolism.

index.php

Source
in German​

I'd have to stay in Germany for 6 moths at least in order to follow the play at all, and even then it might be just too tough. I'd not be able to appreciate the nuances and metaphors in the German language that this play likely holds. To work in the USA, and in English, it would have to be played by British actors with either upper class British or German accents! I don't think this drama wouldd work with any American accent I know of, LOL! So I hope you guys see the play and report to us!

However, it's a great word, 'Fühllosigkeit', and pretty bad if one is called that. German words like this seem very rich!

Asher