• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Travelog: Along the way..II

fahim mohammed

p2785328344-6.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Fahim,

You astound me!

You implied your work was still trivial in your first 2,000 shots. (BTW, I would avers you’ve shot multiples of that each trip!)

Although I have photographed many models and a few without clothes, I have not shot many “Reclining Nudes”, but judge her pose to be relaxed and the position of here arms even elegant.

So how come an apparently very dirty person seems to so elegant and relaxed yet possibly homeless and destitute!

If I had a model covered with black street dirt like that, I would be proud of my imagination and skill.

Here in the USA the street homeless are rarely dirty like this and never naked! If they were an ambulance would be dispatched!

I this a tragedy or is it “art” illustrating mental illness, poverty and human neglect?

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I this a homeless person?

....then, perhaps, it’s “Timeless”

Tell us much more! Share more!

This is likely much more significant than people happy!

Asher

Asher, Fahim's image is intriguing, indeed.

But happy people have the same importance!
How could one accept our living here, if there where no hope at all?

[EDIT] I decided to withdraw the image of happy people I posted here in order to not disturb Fahim's thread…[/EDIT]

Asher Kelman

You cannot get us “off course”, my dear friend Nicolas, even with beauty and the promise of delights and joy!

This picture of an abandoned woman, seemingly like trash, must be looked at without attempt to balance it by prettiness. It cannot and must not be done as there is no possible balance to this disorder!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Asher,
I did react to your sentence:
This is likely much more significant than people happy!
As for now Fahim did not post more info… so we have no clue but our imagination…
That's the power of art!
For me it could be a stone sculpture! or a street art performer!

Asher Kelman

Asher,
I did react to your sentence:

As for now Fahim did not post more info… so we have no clue but our imagination…
That's the power of art!
For me it could be a stone sculpture! or a street art performer!

Nicolas,

I thought it could be “Street Art” as a stretch, but your great suggestion of a stone sculpture is very apt and has given me a welcome measure of relief from the anguish I that enveloped me when I first saw the image!

Wow!

Asher