• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Kleiner Watzmann b/w

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

It was a great day.

Best regards
Michael

This is how B&W should be used and celebrated. You are really exploiting such a wide array of tones in this rich picture of a mountainside with many layers of depth, texture, illumination and complexity.

It takes a lot of appreciation for purity of form to eschew arousal of our feelings, just with color!

This work of yours, I admit, is far more cerebral than emotive, but it’s also contemplative and calming.

This entire location looks so interesting and worth exploring. I will do a quick search to see where it’s located!

I wonder if you have managed to meet any of the locals in this place?

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Michael,

It’s a nice set of names of mountains as a kings family! Any historical grains of truth behind the royal family, or its all made up?

This is so fascinating and all new to me! Can one just arrive by car?

How much climbing did you do to take the picture?

I found a great site in English here which describes in great detail, (in coded cloning jargon), just how this mountain should/could be climbed!

• Lat/Lon: 47.55000°N / 12.92000°E
  • Route Type: Easy but aerial ridge climb
  • Time Required: Most of a day
  • Difficulty: UIAA III, mostly I-II

The sights are promised to be spectacular!

“Good climbers ascend this route without rope, "normal" climbers are grateful for belaying. There are some elder pitons but only 1 bolt. A helmet is necessary! Helpful are some slings and nuts”.

Even as a young fellow, I was only rarely climbing rocks and that was only due to the persistence of a Swiss friend!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Michael,

Now that you know I admire the picture and an totally seduced by its richness, may I ask about how it was made?

I would love to know how it came to be B&W?

Do you have a camera that shoots B&W from the outset or do you have a post processing routine or workflow. To what extent do you have to laborcon individual hues being assigned to tones that show up so well as well they do.

Or have you discovered a wonder filter you might share?

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Just beautiful, Michael. We went on a family holiday to the Alps region this summer and even our naturally ever-bitter teenager was impressed!

Michael Nagel

Jarmo,

Thanks! Where did you go?

My first serious hike was with my parents when I was 6y old.
We went to Rappenseehütte (starting from Birgsau) and stayed for the night. It was exhausting but rewarding.

Best regards
Michael

Jarmo Juntunen

Jarmo,

Thanks! Where did you go?

My first serious hike was with my parents when I was 6y old.
We went to Rappenseehütte (starting from Birgsau) and stayed for the night. It was exhausting but rewarding.

Best regards
Michael

I'd love to try hiking in the Alps. I used to hike a lot in Lapland in my youth but the terrain up there is no match to real Mountains. Beautiful, yes, but nothing like the Alps.

This year we flew to Munich, then took the train to Salzburg, Liechtenstein, Zurich and back to Munich. A total of one week only, but nice.