• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gathering Colors

Gathering Colors is from my Naturally Abstract collection and was composed at Hopeland Gardens in Aiken, SC. It is also another from the series I did on the tree sap. It got to where I would head right to that tree each time I shot there just to see what the sap had morphed into and what I could capture.

The Artist's Story blog post for this piece (and a couple of others) can be read here: Gathering Colors

SD16_3080.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Gathering Colors is from my Naturally Abstract collection and was composed at Hopeland Gardens in Aiken, SC. It is also another from the series I did on the tree sap. It got to where I would head right to that tree each time I shot there just to see what the sap had morphed into and what I could capture.

The Artist's Story blog post for this piece (and a couple of others) can be read here: Gathering Colors

SD16_3080.jpg

Steve,

This is something so novel, a view I have never imagined. You have poked a penknife in the clock mechanism and dissected that act of a small cavity being filled up to the point where it will break outwith a micro water fall, at a scale early if ever seen.

Very well done. A good picture is just what it is. It demands and willingly gets our attention, devotion and appreciation. Kudos!

Still, I have no idea how to do this myself!

Asher

Steve,

This is something so novel, a view I have never imagined. You have poked a penknife in the clock mechanism and dissected that act of a small cavity being filled up to the point where it will break outwith a micro water fall, at a scale early if ever seen.

Very well done. A good picture is just what it is. It demands and willingly gets our attention, devotion and appreciation. Kudos!

Still, I have no idea how to do this myself!

Asher

Asher,
Just another one of those lucky moments in the field. I noticed that the tree was missing a limb and that it was freshly cut so I wandered over there to see what abstract patterns I could find. I had no idea that it would turn into a source for creativity every time I was on site. Since that time, I look for cut limbs. :)

The lighting on this is excellent. Beautiful capture of what will become Amber in some many million years.

Thank you. The lighting was one of my favorite aspects of the sap. I loved how the light on the subjects would (all by itself) produce different patterns. And the reflections and refractions were quite captivating and exciting. Just another reason why I'm so in love with the naturally abstract macro images that Mother Earth gives us.