• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Testing the Fujis in Indonesia...

fahim mohammed

While Ayesha was in Bhutan, I was in Indonesia.

I was testing the Fuji XH-1 and the Fuji lenses 16/1.4, 90/2, 50/2...

Unfortunately, my vacation got rained out! Not withstanding this, my Fujis ( I had the XP2 also ) and the lenses performed flawlessly in tropical downpours and light showers.

The 16/1.4 and the 90/2 are some of the best lenses I have put on any camera. I expect to be using my XH-1 going forward. I don't do video, but there is an excellent video capability, if needed.

p3248486531-6.jpg

90/2

p3253319511-6.jpg

16/1.4

p3248486397-6.jpg

50/2​

Yes. It was damp, cold, and wet.

p.s Did I mention it rained most of the time!

p3253319488-6.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was expecting to see Fuji apples. But I was just awake and before coffee!

These are superb. I would think that Fuji has joined Olympus as a front runner for street and travel photography.

I have the GXR and to make it lighter I use the 40mm Canon pancake lens. Of course it’s not a Fuji lens but for local streets I love it.

Your setup is perfect!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well, Fahim and Aisha,

I had to return as this is an enchanted place. They have carefully sculpted into thevlandscape a garden of meditation and tranquility at the edges of infinite natural beauty.

p3248486397-6.jpg

50/2​

Note that even the rectilinear garden light form, is in harmony with, (and respectful of), nature!

Which one of you made this picture. It’s exceptional to me and imprinted in my library of good memories.

Again, thanks for taking us, free of charge and with no fatigue to this elevated location for peace of mind and reflection on our gifts!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Well rain can make for interesting photography. The second image with it's Canna Lilies (Canna indica) in the foreground, plantain tree middle right and tea cultivation in the background could have been shot in Colombia. It's a small world. They are lovely images all.

Asher Kelman

Well rain can make for interesting photography. The second image with it's Canna Lilies (Canna indica) in the foreground, plantain tree middle right and tea cultivation in the background could have been shot in Colombia. It's a small world. They are lovely images all.

Peter,

You are very smart. Could get a job in the Mossad!

Asher