• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Black and White

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi,

... he was sitting there in his mothers arm, full attention to what Grandpa said ... our nephew Lorenz.

p1688678458-5.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

... he was sitting there in his mothers arm, full attention to what Grandpa said ... our nephew Lorenz.

p1688678458-5.jpg

Wolfgang,

This picture is a delight. Lorenz is so attentive and is absorbing every single word. These are bing filed away and catalogued as he builds his dossiers on all of you: the words, emphases, cadence, context and more. Then theres the trust in grandpa which will hardly be matched towards anyone else!

I wonder whether your room lighting is low so that when I see the picture, the photograph is very dark.

Thanks for sharing. I do hope we'll see much more of Lorenz in this style of B&W!

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Asher

my intention was to do a B&W photo with strong contrasts, where e.g the eyes are mainly defined by the glimpse of light in the pupils, the rest should be imagination ... And that is, I know, a tightrope walk when you show it in a forum.
On my screen (set to 100cd, an iMac 27''s) with normal light around this works well, as it does on the prints I made which show perfectly the result I had in mind.
But I admit, for showing on screen, there might by a slight enhancement on his right part, or left, if you like :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher

my intention was to do a B&W photo with strong contrasts, where e.g the eyes are mainly defined by the glimpse of light in the pupils, the rest should be imagination ... And that is, I know, a tightrope walk when you show it in a forum.
On my screen (set to 100cd, an iMac 27''s) with normal light around this works well, as it does on the prints I made which show perfectly the result I had in mind.
But I admit, for showing on screen, there might by a slight enhancement on his right part, or left, if you like :)

Wolfgang,

Thanks for the explanation. I like your design of high contrast. I've spent some time looking at your novel image and I enjoy it a lot!

My computer is at full brightness and viewed in daylight! Probably more than your 100cd! I see no reflection in the right eye. Also even when viewing in the dark, nothing! Taking off my computer glasses and viewing the picture in the dark, (after my eyes are adapted), allowed me to see the missing right eye and it's beautiful!

So I do feel that, just for public viewing likely, what you are posting is not going to work for some people. The contrast of the right eye is just beyond the margin of sufficient resolution with my corrected vision in normal light.

This why what really counts is the print, and as it works I'm practice, there's nothing wrong with the file, just my ability to see it as well on a computer , (which is inferior to the real print), with normal lighting.

Asher