• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Corner Window

Chris Calohan

9536660927_6f7ce906e9_c.jpg

In the Corner by the Window, Sits a Frog: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
9536660927_6f7ce906e9_c.jpg

In the Corner by the Window, Sits a Frog: Chris Calohan​

Chis,

I am impressed with the dynamic range. How did you process this and is there more possible recovery of the foliage through the window? Also can you make this exactly horizontal based on the window sill as the slight angle takes attention away from Mr. Frog!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Also can you make this exactly horizontal based on the window sill as the slight angle takes attention away from Mr. Frog!

Hey, what's 0.30° between a man and his frog?

Actually, the perspective is perfectly appropriate for the viewpoint as suggested by the delivery crop.

(Of course for frog architectural photography . . .)

Would you have the top of the window horizontal in the image?

Best regards,

Doug

Chris Calohan

I proportioned to the verticals given the angle I shot from it worked best.

As to the processing, luminosity masks - lots of them.

This is the RAW file as it came out of the camera. I made the shot on the fly as I walked outside to shoot my Sister-in-Law's portrait just before she left for my niece's wedding.

9538097293_768e1835bb_o.jpg