• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In the Style of Tatsuro Sawada

Chris Calohan

The night before I made this shot I'd been perusing some contemporary Japanese printmakers when I ran across this artist, Tatsuro Sawada. The style intrigued me and I knew just the area where I could make an attempt to emulate his style of work. The first post in Landscapes came out poorly due to the blacks blocking up. This is partially the responsibility of the internet's failure to properly compress blacks and dark grays and partially my fault for not finding an editing solution, which I think I have now accomplished.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221398468674?lpid=82

15457299288_de3f2ab161_o_d.jpg

In the Style of Tatsuro Sawada - Starboard Pass: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The night before I made this shot I'd been perusing some contemporary Japanese printmakers when I ran across this artist, Tatsuro Sawada. The style intrigued me and I knew just the area where I could make an attempt to emulate his style of work. The first post in Landscapes came out poorly due to the blacks blocking up. This is partially the responsibility of the internet's failure to properly compress blacks and dark grays and partially my fault for not finding an editing solution, which I think I have now accomplished.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221398468674?lpid=82

15457299288_de3f2ab161_o_d.jpg

In the Style of Tatsuro Sawada - Starboard Pass: Chris Calohan​

Great Homage piece, Chris and so educational too. Was your mind already attuned to Sawada when you made the picture?

Asher