• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello From Texas

Rick Waldroup

Hello, my name is Rick. I reside in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area in Texas. I have recognized a few names here. I am happy to be here and look forward to participating in the forum.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello, my name is Rick. I reside in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area in Texas. I have recognized a few names here. I am happy to be here and look forward to participating in the forum.

Rick,

Great! I get to be the very first to welcome you. I've been to Galverston and Houston, but not yet Fort Worth. What surprised me was that beyond the oil, medical industry, sports and cattle, there's a strong Jazz tradition in Texas.

Looking forward to your own window on this world,

Asher

Rick Waldroup

Thanks, Asher and Robert. I saw Robert's name on here before I joined so I figured this must be a pretty cool place to hang out....

Hello Rick and welcome. I am a Texan as well although currently residing in the Arizona desert. I lived in Arlington but was known to spend a night or two in Ft Worth. I think you will find this forum alive, interesting, entertaining, and educational. One of my favorite aspects is the true international flavor that it brings to me. Pretty much the entire world is represented here in one way or another.
James

Doug Kerr

Hi, Rick,

Welcome aboard. I look forward to working with you.

I lived in East Dallas (near White Rock Lake) for 34 years, then in Weatherford for four years. In 2012 we escaped to Alamogordo, New Mexico, "where the desert meets the mountain" (4780 ft MSL at my desktop).

My wife and I have kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids scattered across the area from Springtown to Scurry.

Again, welcome aboard.

Best regards,

Doug

Rick Waldroup

Thanks, James and Doug, for the welcome. Nice to see some fellow Texans here. I currently live in a rural area in Granbury, about 40 miles southwest from Fort Worth. It was my wife's idea to move a city boy like me to the country. It is nice here but a couple of times a month I find myself traveling to Fort Worth and hopping commuter trains to Dallas and other areas for a bit of street shooting. I just can't get used to country life.

Yes, Robert, this place looks pretty cool because it seems geared more to actually viewing and discussing photos, instead of the incessant gear talk one finds on other forums. Don't get me wrong, I like talking about cameras and lenses but I am much more interested in looking at great photos and discussing the art and philosophy of photography.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Rick,

A belated welcome to OPF. I have browsed your work on your website and I am very much impressed. Looking forward to seeing some of it here. :)

Rick Waldroup

Thank you, Cem and Maggie, for the very kind words about my work.

I have not been shooting much lately, mostly due to the insane heat we have been having down here in Texas. These old bones can't handle the heat like they did in the past. I hope to get out a bit this coming weekend for some street shooting.

Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome.

Cem_Usakligil

No problems Rick, we shall enjoy your previous work just as much as the new ones. So feel free to share some already. :)

Charlotte Thompson

Rick
Super impressive photography ! Looked at your website and archives of work "Nice"
Loved the music works perfectly-
From Katy,Texas just outside of Houston born in Dallas_good to see another Texican around

Charlotte_

Rick Waldroup

Thanks, Charlotte and Richard, for the very warm welcome.

Due to a minor health crisis (me) and an unexpected early birth (my new grandson), I have not bee on here much. I hope to change that in the near future.