• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

What MAC SW to replace iPhoto with under El Crapitan

Will Thompson

I have used iPhoto since it came out.

Since Apple has now scuttled it I am looking for a replacement that is just as simple.

Photo shop & Light room are way too complicated to be of use to me as I own both.

I need simple image management with simple editing.

Any sugestions will be most welcome.

Will Thompson

Photos is unusable since there is no way to display the filename in album view only one photo at a time.

This is the stupidest software yet from apple.

Jerome Marot

I am still using Aperture for most of my photos, but what comes out of my iPhone ends up in "Photos", yes. I did not notice it was much worse than iPhoto.

This being said, all really depends on what you want to do with your pictures.

Jerome Marot

I have good news for you: iPhoto works under El Capitan. You just need to install version 9.6.1 (tried it at home, it works).

To do that you may need to delete iPhoto and redownload it from the Apple store.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So, Jerome,

Are you seeing the titles where Will can't?

Will be great if following your procedure solves his gripe with the iPhoto replacement!

Asher

Jerome Marot

So, Jerome,

Are you seeing the titles where Will can't?

Will be great if following your procedure solves his gripe with the iPhoto replacement!

Asher

I can't see the titles in "Photos", but it is not relevant to the question. Will said he cannot use "iPhoto" under El Capitan. "iPhoto", the old program who can display file names, still works under El Capitan, so Will just needs to reinstall it.