• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Black display after sleep

Hi, I have a Mac Pro with MacOSX 10.5.7 and have been having a problem that I call Black Display Syndrome.

After putting the computer to sleep I used to wake it up by hitting the space or enter buttons. Last week it is very consistent on giving a lot of trouble waking up. The computer seams to be up, but there is no signal sent to any of the two displays.

Usually they come back after I have to forcefully reboot the Mac Pro and or plug unplug the displays.

I will probably have to shut off the computer altogether until I find the cure ...

Thanks
Leonardo

I don't think that the computer is crashing at all, but since the display is black I don't really know if the computer is waking up or not, but sometimes after I restart there is the sound of the computer starting up and display remaining black...

Anyway I have not gotten a crash-log or don't know where to find it...

Nicolas,
Thank you for the link, I read the accounts of other users and they are exactly the same symptoms of my case of Black Display after Sleap Syndrome.

*There is no problem with the display since I am using two of different brand and make and they fail at the same time --or work at the same time--

And the interesting thing is that other users have the same problems, so it must be SOFTWARE RELATED...

I will google again tomorrow to see if there are more people with this "flu" and if someone has the cuere.

Thanks again
Leonardo