• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

B-17 Aluminum Overcast

Don Ferguson Jr.

B-17 Aluminum Overcast came to upstate SC a few days ago and I took some shots.
Don

IMG_7587_Edit_Edit_2_Edit.jpg

IMG_7516_Edit_4_Edit_4_Edit.jpg

IMG_7625_Edit_3_2.jpg

IMG_7604_Edit.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These are magnificent shots.

I am stunned by this wonderful treasure of a find. How did you discover it and that it was about to fly?

Asher

Don Ferguson Jr.

These are magnificent shots.

I am stunned by this wonderful treasure of a find. How did you discover it and that it was about to fly?

Asher

Thanks, Asher. The B-17 is touring different local airports and I knew about the time it was going to take off into the wind for its next destination. You gotta love the name Aluminum Overcast. They say we blotted the sun with so many B-17's in WWll.
Don
https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/flight-experiences/aluminum-overcast-eaa-b-17-bomber-tour

GarethKitchener

A fabulous plane! We have the "Sally B" based at Duxford, not far from where I live.
(That's the one that was used as the "Memphis Belle" in the movie.)