• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A few photos from a wedding I shot last june.

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
VX8Y3140PSac.jpg
VX8Y3125PSac.jpg

VX8Y3057PSac.jpg

Comments welcomed.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Will I like the composition. I can see the two photos in a frame, matted side by side. They are beautiful images.

Are you doing any retouching to smooth the skin, remove stray hairs around the bride's face (she has sideburns) and do a 5 o'clock shadow removal on the groom? As you know, I wnet to WPPI and that seems to be the focus these days for the finshed product with everyone selling PS Actions to do this. Maybe it's not needed, but, from my viewpoint, that is the big seller now in the wedding market - not just shooting, but finishing too.

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Hi Kathy, Thank You for the kind words.

Are you doing any retouching to smooth the skin, remove stray hairs around the bride's face (she has sideburns) and do a 5 o'clock shadow removal on the groom?

No I do not. This was a budget shoot/ hand them the CD on the way out.

The only processing is a PS action to Copyright and auto contrast to equalize exposure between frames.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Learning PS

Will,

Do you PS the photos at all (except for the copyright and lighting?

I am learning PS and wondering where do we draw the line with the service provided, time spent on shooting, PP and finishing a product.

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Will,

Do you PS the photos at all (except for the copyright and lighting?.

No I do not in this case. Check out this Link to see my after PS Black & White photo of the train and then look at Asher's before shot. (we shot the same subject) Be shure to scroll to the right to see the front of the engine!

Paul Burden

Nice expression on the bride close-up, pitty the guys expression isn't quite as good.

Nice setting, but the sky is a bit washed out and probably would be better with a few more tree behind.

The full length bride shot is just a bit straight on for me and a slight turn to the body could make all the difference here.