• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A wedding in Santorini

Angelica Oung

Dear all,
First of all, let me say hello. I'm new to the community here, but I've liked what I've seen here in terms of the excellent level of technical expertise and advice given in the critiques here without the kind of "dressing down" treatment that's intimidating.

This is my first wedding shoot. OK, I lied. I was the bridesmaid and took some pictures. Still, I've got ambitions.

I think unconventional composition and good engagement with subjects are my strengths. And my weaknesses? Uh...numerous. Technically, I don't think I'll be good enough to shoot formals for a long, long time. I'd love to get work to do candids with guests and with the wedding prep, perhaps as a second photographer.

Thanks in advance

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Practice makes better

I was in Santorini last week - a wonderfult spot for photography and a wedding as well.

I am new to wedding photography and have started word of mouth advertising. My 1st wedding was in May and before hand I made a list of shots that I thought should be included. I used mostly one lense. When I had some tricky areas for lighting, I'd use the Program Mode for the camera's opinion and change things. I read many of the wedding fora and books as well as having attended WPPI (Wedding and Portraits Photographers Int'l) and went to as many applicible seminars. Like anything the more you practice, the better you will get.

You did not mention if you wanted any critique or comments so I will not put my two cents in.

Angelica Oung

Silly me, forgot to say! For sure comment and criticism is welcome! Especially on the technical front. It's been seven years since I took my intro to photography class in college and since then I've been mostly doing stuff with my point-and-shoot compact.

However, with the recent purchase of my K10D I am back in the saddle, big time.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Angelica,

Welcome to the OPF. I hope you'll find what you are looking for here, namely sound advice from experienced members.

...You did not mention if you wanted any critique or comments so I will not put my two cents in.
@Kathy: As you should well know, the following applies:
All images posted in OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated Comment Only or Edit and Repost.

Cheers,

Last edited: