• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Few from Sandy Eggo

1: Into the isle:

198390178-L.jpg

2: What token giveth thee:

198390257-L.jpg

3: Dreamworld:

198390335-L.jpg

4: Happiness:

198390422-L.jpg

Enjoy!

Nice, Nic!

These are the first "non-trivial" wedding pix I've seen in a long time. The last is a bit trite, but that can be forgiven, since it's a wedding after all. #3 is the first inverted reflection picture I've liked in a long time. How did you get the water lily right-side-up while inverting the b&g to get them right-side-up?

You couldn't pay me enough money to shoot weddings, and I have nothing but admiration for those who do successfully, but I'd like to be able to shoot pictures like these.

Thanks for sharing

Chas,
thank you!

The Dreamworld shot is a bit PS-ed :) I simply selected the section with the water lillies and flipped them vertically, then massaged the mask.

As to the "non-trivial": this is called "photojournalistic style" and it's actually a great fun. I can't wait till my next one:)

Some details

Asher asked me to provide some details on the shoot.

Gear: Canon 30D, EF-S 17-55/2.8 IS USM and EF 70-200/2.8 IS USM (I am using two 30D bodies so I don't have to switch lenses).
Indoors: availalble light + Sunpak 622 at 1/8 back up high (~45 feet from the altar, ~25 ft high), pocket wizards, full manual at f/2.8 x 1/125s, ISO800.
Outdoors: available light only, AE mode, ISO400.

All pictures handheld. Very minor post-processing (except for the inverted lillies in the Dreamworld), basically just a little pop-and-crop in ACR4.2.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited: