• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A little bit different wedding photos

Ossi Raimi

I was photographing medieval weddings ... pretty different.

Here are two examples (both are new married couple):

_medium.jpg

and

_medium.jpg

I don't know are those pictures good, I'm not portrait photographer.
Thank you for looking,

beth anthony

i really like the pose in the first but feel that it needs a closer crop. also, i'm not crazy about the b&w conversion, it seems a little flat. try redoing the b&w again. use nik silver efex if you have it. if you don't have it add a b&w gradiant map to the color version (if it looks wrong then click the reverse box), then add curves. a slight s curve should bump up the contrast just enough to give you good b&w tones.

on the second image i wish there were more room around the b&g, esp. their heads. on these kinds of full body shots i usually shoot a landscape frame to show off the surroundings. the hands seem a little awkward in this one, but it took me a good year of weddings before i consistently remembered to tell them about hands when i was shooting.

overall they're beautiful images and a great starting point. the b&g should be very happy with their images.

Nigel Allan

After Finland's Eurovision entries and winners a couple of years back I thought everyone there looked like this

I would look for more contrast in the black and white personally. What's that under his purple tunic, his mobile phone? Medieval , eh? LOL