• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

US Govt want to buy a photo from me..

Matt MacManes

How much should I charge them?

Details: They plan on placing the image in a permanent display in a newly constructed visitors center *still under construction* in a park in NV, USA. The budget for the construction project is 28 million dollars. In addition to the billboard, they want to purchase all image usage rights. The specific agency that is interesed is the Bureau of Land Management.

Any ideas on a fair price- or can you suggest to me a resource I might use to get to a starting point for negotiations?

I have been told that anywhere from $200 to 10K is reasonable.. The former seems to little, the latter perhaps too much.

Thanks, Matt

fahim mohammed

Matt, how many visitors to the park/day? Where else and for what? ask someone who has done the same
for a park if possible.

All rights? Will credit be still yours and displayed?

Not much help, but some thoughts.

How much to charge?..the appropriate amount!

best of luck and congratulations.

Alain Briot

pro member
Did they ask you for a price, or did they ask you if your image is available for commercial use?

Usually government agencies have set prices for items they purchase regularly, or they have a fee schedule. In which case you wouldn't have to quote them a price, they would figure that out on their own.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
If anyone has a cool photograph of an intact nuclear reactor containment building, at least 150 dpi to print to 60x 60 meters, contact the Japanese Ministry for Atomic Energy as they need to reassure the public about a mishap in a facility which is getting a bad rap!

Color space, itself, is not critical!

Asher

Jim Galli

If anyone has a cool photograph of an intact nuclear reactor containment building, at least 150 dpi to print to 60x 60 meters, contact the Japanese Ministry for Atomic Energy as they need to reassure the public about a mishap in a facility which is getting a bad rap!

Color space, itself, is not critical!

Asher

Me no got. Me work in nuke weapons, not containment.