• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Muse Visits! Woman with Flowers

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So you my wonder why my wife buys so many fresh flowers to put in handsome vases. Well, besides entertaining, my wife loves to support my artwork and always surpises me with wonderful new vases of flowers for my work.

_DSC7866_Vanessa.jpg

Asher Kelman: Vanessa and flowers_#1

Sony A7R, ISO 64, >Lumedyne Strobes, 55mm Zeiss f 1.8 at 2.0 1/160 sec.
processed from out of camera jpg, Topaz Clarity, that's all

Your comments are appreciated..........and if you like this, then there's more to follow! :)

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
So you my wonder why my wife buys so many fresh flowers to put in handsome vases. Well, besides entertaining, my wife loves to support my artwork and always surpises me with wonderful new vases of flowers for my work.

_DSC7866_Vanessa.jpg

Asher Kelman: Vanessa and flowers_#1

Sony A7R, ISO 64, >Lumedyne Strobes, 55mm Zeiss f 1.8 at 2.0 1/160 sec.
processed from out of camera jpg, Topaz Clarity, that's all

Your comments are appreciated..........and if you like this, then there's more to follow! :)

Is it a condition that I like it before more is forthcoming? If so, I will say I like it.
But I sense an incompleteness in the dynamics.

I look forward to the next installment.

Cheers
Tom

Asher Kelman

Is it a condition that I like it before more is forthcoming? If so, I will say I like it.

Take this beginning as a hors d'oeuvres at a party. It's an incomplete morsel, just a taste!

But I sense an incompleteness in the dynamics.

This might be because there are two strong elements that simply float and are not related. Yes, that's what there is. But there's black space for you to add whatever you wish.

Thanks for your consideration, Tom.

Antonio Correia

Wind blows from the light...

The light is coherent with the scene and the background where the orange dominates.

The feeling is reinforced by the use of the canvas in a light orange...

I am sure you can do better Asher !

Antonio Correia

Perhaps it is just me but I do not understand any visual connection between the lady curved to our right and the vase on our left... and why wind on her hair ?

Please Asher, give me a hint will you please ?!...

Asher Kelman

Perhaps it is just me but I do not understand any visual connection between the lady curved to our right and the vase on our left... and why wind on her hair ?

Please Asher, give me a hint will you please ?!...

Antonio,

The two elements are indeed not related except by color palette, so it's disturbing. I have many pictures where they are integrated. I chose this one because it lacked the gillie between the two parts.

There's black space. Create in your mind what's needed to complete the balance and connections.

I left big spaces for you to work in!

Asher