• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

playing around with my point and shoot and got.......

Ashley Sperry

this picture of the moon one night......I call it 'midnight love' until I can think of another name. hope the picture is the size its suppose to be

PICT0003.jpg

(hasn't been edited, since the only program on the laptop is picasa2 and i have no idea how to use it, i'm a paintshop junkie lol)
this was taken with my point and shoot(no tripod since its so small) its a casio exilim, my hubby was trying to give me pointers in the process of this picture being taken but me being my impatient self i just had to take the picture my way......LOL! but i like the way it turned out, i'm sure there is a lot of things that could of been done differently and such. Any pointers i could use for the future is welcome! TIA

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
this picture of the moon one night......I call it 'midnight love'

PICT0003.jpg

(hasn't been edited, since the only program on the laptop is picasa2 and i have no idea how to use it, i'm a paintshop junkie lol)
this was taken with my point and shoot(no tripod since its so small) its a casio exilim, my hubby was trying to give me pointers in the process of this picture being taken but me being my impatient self i just had to take the picture my way......LOL! but i like the way it turned out, i'm sure there is a lot of things that could of been done differently and such. Any pointers i could use for the future is welcome! TIA

Hi Ashley,

Do you realize that the image you posted was a thumbkin, tiny little dot of a picture, LOL! Look at thr file size.

Asher

Ashley Sperry

hmmmmmm nope i didn't lol, never used photobucket before expect to store my digital artwork stuff, looks like i have to figure this stuff out LOL

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Ashley,
My first reaction was..."well, that a very tightly cropped shot of Venus...".
Then we all expect Asher to ask for a wider shot!
...just kidding.
Welcome aboard, glad you you found us at OPF!
Getting the hang of inserting images takes a while, and each on-line storage place is a bit different.
As an aside, it's alway good to use the "preview post" button before obligating yourself.
Don't be discouraged! Persevere! Shoot! Post!

Ashley Sperry

one of these day's i'm going to get the hang of photobucket, i think i have mine set up to resize the pictures when they are being uploaded then i make them smaller........hoping this time around it'll be the size i want it, yesterday they showed up 'normal sized' and now today they are tiny!!!

PICT0003-1.jpg

Asher Kelman

Hi Ashley,

Yes, it's come through! flare is a hot spot where there was over exposure or lese a volcano on the moon and it will be name after you, LOL! It's a memorable first picture.

I hoe you and your good husband will both be regular contributers. Do you have a mac or PC? There's a program that does auto uploading for PC's if you are interested. It's by Nikolai who has several threads active right now.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Hi Ashley,

It works with all website AFAIK. I think it's called *Explorer or Star Explorer. The link is below Nikolai's signature!

Asher