• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lonely Bench

Robert Watcher

We drove up the coast of Lake Huron today, stopping at points of interest such as the historic lighthouse area of Point Clarke. We braved biting and bitter cold, and slick ice embankments to capture a sense of the elements.

After taking closeup details shots of ice covered objects bravng the winter elements, I headed back to warmth of the car to move on to our next destination. I turned to my right and recognized this lonely ice embraced bench sitting alone against a dramatic grey backdrop.

BTW, I’ve always wondered if I could change dials and handle my little Olympus EM 10 with heavy gloves —— and I am pleased to say I was adjusting aperture and exposure compensation settings and firing shutter without any issue,

07A3BCA3-B7CC-4C92-8852-22CA40DAF64E.jpg

We drove up the coast of Lake Huron today, stopping at points of interest such as the historic lighthouse area of Point Clarke. We braved biting and bitter cold, and slick ice embankments to capture a sense of the elements.

After taking closeup details shots of ice covered objects bravng the winter elements, I headed back to warmth of the car to move on to our next destination. I turned to my right and recognized this lonely ice embraced bench sitting alone against a dramatic grey backdrop.

BTW, I’ve always wondered if I could change dials and handle my little Olympus EM 10 with heavy gloves —— and I am pleased to say I was adjusting aperture and exposure compensation settings and firing shutter without any issue,

07A3BCA3-B7CC-4C92-8852-22CA40DAF64E.jpg

It works well, Robert. I’m not sure why the coloration adds to mood of the photo but it does. Cheers, Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I would love to have the origninal as I am intrigued and enjoy the corrected image but thirst for more! No black edge if possible as I have a fear of prison!

Asher

Robert Watcher

I would love to have the origninal as I am intrigued and enjoy the corrected image but thirst for more! No black edge if possible as I have a fear of prison!

Asher

Thank you Asher.

But I do ask - does a magician ever reveal how he does his magic or allow one to analyze the methods and gear he/she uses? Or even allow others to manipulate or change the end result? Never. Takes all the magic out of it. That is how I view my photography. Sorry. (not upset, just being a little facetious LOL.

I am glad that my image intrigues you and makes you thirst for more.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you Asher.

But I do ask - does a magician ever reveal how he does his magic or allow one to analyze the methods and gear he/she uses? Or even allow others to manipulate or change the end result? Never. Takes all the magic out of it. That is how I view my photography. Sorry. (not upset, just being a little facetious LOL.

I am glad that my image intrigues you and makes you thirst for more.

But does the man wiush to look at the woman in the wonderful gown, "yes!".

Is it appropriate?

Well you might need to buy a ring first!

...just I would still like to look over your shoulder, but in a museum or art gallery, I would never raise the question!

Asher