• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

OK .... NOW it's a race !!

Rick Otto

I've had good responses from this picture, but they seem to be split - some wanting to see more 'motorcycle', and others say that 'seeing' the bike isn't necessary.. Opinions?

3398681766_c51d464858_b.jpg

Rick Otto: THREE

Doug Kerr

Hi. Rick,

I've had good responses from this picture, but they seem to be split - some wanting to see more 'motorcycle', and others say that 'seeing' the bike isn't necessary.. Opinions?

The shot is fabulous as is. The background/foreground distinction is terrific. The shot seems to really stand out from others of the same general genre that we see. Congratulations.

But indeed a version with "more motorcycle" could also be very good.

I suspect that this is one of those many cases where a certain composition is not "best" - certainly not best to all viewers.

By the way, many members here often enjoy having the Exif metadata for an image (and perhaps IPTC metadata as well) available in the file as posted. Of course, some authors have a particular reason to not want to share it, and that's certainly OK.

Best regards,

Doug

Keith Preble

This is a really nice photo. Great color, clarity and balance.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little more motorcycle, just to see how it looks. But I don't necessarily think think it would make a better photo.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

3398681766_c51d464858_b.jpg

Rick Otto: THREE

Rick,

I'm wondering whether one might get a little more separation between the three riders? This would edge up the already impressive photograph.

Asher