• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Insane Isabellas Baroque Musicians

This temporary group of baroque musicians wanted to make a test a poster for an upcoming performance. I also did a little strange one with portraits.

light_scene_dark_IV_reverse.jpg

six_portraits_II_900_sig.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You've succeeded, Per. The motif of the frame and folk reaching out is very lively and fun.

In addition your colors are so rich!

Perfectly elegant in a humorous way!

Asher

Thank you, It was shot in my little home studio using a wall as a diffuser for the Flash. As my room isn't so big I shot them three at a time. And then fixing a lot of stuff.

Asher Kelman

Per,

This is exceptional work. The stacking of images works so well! Very original....or at least I have never seen such a concept pulled off so well.

Are you printing any of them yet? Planning an exhibition? This is not only fun work but also engaging art!

For the reason only of printability, what camera did you use and how large could they be be enlarged and still hold their "bite"?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Per,

Are these pictures also available isolated?

I would love to see them each larger, say 800 pixels wide so we can look at each photograph on its own. These are to exceptional to just glance over tiny images in a group, even if they are meant to be in one giant print.

Or perhaps you never print them???

Asher

I use my Canon 5d II . The frame image is 6000 px high ( because of the frame sizes ) and the other is 10000 px wide.

No plan of exhibition. I made some small prints, but mostly to check colors vs monitor color.But they could be printed at least 100x70 cm. But this was a test session so the clothes are not the real one that will be used in the performance, and the cello guy is missing. So there will be a new session later on ( if they get the resources for the performance ).

Here is Anna Paradiso ( harpsichord player ) ... ( they are not made as paintings that reach out, but as people behind frames ). With more time I would have done that. ( example paint http://www.lutzimages.com/thread_images/odd_gallery_II.jpg )

anna_closeup.jpg

Asher Kelman

I use my Canon 5d II . The frame image is 6000 px high ( because of the frame sizes ) and the other is 10000 px wide.

No plan of exhibition. I made some small prints, but mostly to check colors vs monitor color.But they could be printed at least 100x70 cm. But this was a test session so the clothes are not the real one that will be used in the performance, and the cello guy is missing. So there will be a new session later on ( if they get the resources for the performance ).

Here is Anna Paradiso ( harpsichord player ) ... ( they are not made as paintings that reach out, but as people behind frames ). With more time I would have done that. ( example paint http://www.lutzimages.com/thread_images/odd_gallery_II.jpg )

anna_closeup.jpg

Is the painting in the link a painting or use of a filter?

Asher

No its a mix with separate software and a little Photoshop. And for some aquarelles I use the Pattern Stamp Tool in Photoshop with my own brushstrokes that I take images of.

10734090_751143808334814_6601712245072058296_n.jpg

. And at times I mix the media with acrylic paint.
1185932_433770286738836_1104995403_n.jpg

This was more of a test session so no makeup artist or hair stylist. So it will probably get more serious in that area next time. The hair will be more of italian 15 century style I guess. The performance is based on the commedia dell'arte concept.