• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photos from our wifes

Antonio Correia

Asher, I do remember you have started a thread with images from our wifes. I could't find it.
Feel free to move this post to the mentioned thread. Thank you.

Here are some from Luisa shot in Oman last month. She just worked on them.
She had the idea since the beginning of the travel, according to previous captures of walls in India.

i-DWWZFJN-L.png

i-kPsgDWm-L.png

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher, I do remember you have started a thread with images from our wifes. I could't find it.
Feel free to move this post to the mentioned thread. Thank you.

Here are some from Luisa shot in Oman last month. She just worked on them.
She had the idea since the beginning of the travel, according to previous captures of walls in India.

i-DWWZFJN-L.png

i-kPsgDWm-L.png

The first one reminds me of the Finnish photographer series, with shots from outside a lit room.

Asher

Asher Kelman

I posted this in pictures of the San Franciusco Bay Bridge, but really, it should be here to celebrate out wonderful wives!

IMG_3917_TPZ_Clarity SF_WK_1200.jpg

Wendy Kelman: Boat Traffic Under the Bay Bridge

iphone 7

Look at more Bay Bridge Pictures, here!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Projecting from the Embarcadaro like fingers over the S.F. Bay water's edge are a number of wharfs. Some are in disrepair. This one is concrete and looks spanking new. Folk walk here for a view and some fish.

When one frist notices the structure, one thinks it is some security area, becasue of the protective railings on either side. From the pier however, in the subsequent pictures, this is actually very open.

IMG_3910_Pier 14 from the Embarcadero_1200.jpg

Wendy Kelman: Pier 14 From The Embarcadaro #1

San Francisco 2017

iPhone S,

IMG_3911_Pier 14_WK_1200.jpg

Wendy Kelman: Pier 14 Looking back Towards The Embarcadaro #1

San Francisco 2017

iPhone S,

[Group 5]-IMG_3913_IMG_3916-2 _WK_Wharf_1200.jpg

Wendy Kelman: Pier 14 on The Embarcadaro #2

San Francisco 2017

iPhone S, 2 images stitched in Autopanop Giga

Enjoy!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

Maybe I should decrease the size of my pictures???? Mine are perhaps way too big compared to the sizes you are using here. I could reduce the width in furure. With the current size difference, do the pictures I have posted here seem to shout?

In one's own thread, the size just has to be consistant. Klaus' pics are 1260 pixels wide and they look fine. Your big beautiful rock, with the goats is 1023 pixels wide, while Nicolas used 1200.

What do you think?

Can you perhaps post larger......... if the larger sizes are indeed avaialble and it suits you.

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Another from Wendy in the Desert!

IMG_4087_Desert Sunset WK_1200.jpg

Wendy Kelman: Desert Garden Sunset

I hope this inspires others to post pictures made by their wife, husband, child or significant other!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Antonio,
Maybe I should decrease the size of my pictures???? Mine are perhaps way too big compared to the sizes you are using here. I could reduce the width in furure. With the current size difference, do the pictures I have posted here seem to shout?
In one's own thread, the size just has to be consistant. Klaus' pics are 1260 pixels wide and they look fine. Your big beautiful rock, with the goats is 1023 pixels wide, while Nicolas used 1200.
What do you think?
Can you perhaps post larger......... if the larger sizes are indeed avaialble and it suits you.
Asher

I see your wife's images very large. Perhaps because I have increased the size of my view... the larger size doesn't bother me at all.
I just use cmd + (+) ou (-) to adjust the photograph to the monitor.
As you know, I link all my pictures from Smug using always the same available size.
Cheers ! :)

Yesterday she posted this one on Facebook.
i-R62k5VD-XL.png

Asher Kelman

I see your wife's images very large. Perhaps because I have increased the size of my view... the larger size doesn't bother me at all.
I just use cmd + (+) ou (-) to adjust the photograph to the monitor.
As you know, I link all my pictures from Smug using always the same available size.
Cheers ! :)

Yesterday she posted this one on Facebook.
i-R62k5VD-XL.png

From what age is that? Is it Roman?

Asher

Asher Kelman

The bridge was built 68 years ago but has been submerged for some 40...

:)

How come it collapsed in that short time. It's unbelievable Did the builders cheat on the materials or what?

It seems to have been designed in the manner of the Roman Aqueducts. BTW, they had a very amazing design of concrete which, over the decades became much stronger with the effects of seawater. Researchers are still trying to perfect that formula!

Imagine that!