• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another wedding shot to critique

Zach Jacob

I really like this shot, but I'm open to suggestions. :)
maddux1.jpg

Scott B. Hughes

Zach, I don't have the credentials to critique anyone's work, but I'm willing to toss out a couple of observations since you asked. :)

Personally, cutting off hands is a no-no. Adjust camera position or repose. I'd get his right hand "involved" , perhaps on her forearm.

OTOH, the grooms left hand comes out of no where above her head.... I'd suggest dropping it out of camera view.

I'm not sure if it's critical, but I'd prefer to have the bride's position favor the groom a bit more..... was this posed or a candid? If posed, I would have her turned into him a bit more.... probably have her right hand away from the bouquet and out of site.

I'm sure that's what you had to work with, but the background (the brickwork and partial lamp) is quite busy.... not sure what options you had.

Having said too much, I'll add that the interaction is nice, the bride seems happy. I bet the couple will love the image.

-Scott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Zach,

This, I'm sure is not meant to replace more formal shots. It well lit this time and expressive. However, he's reacting with the building as much as his bride. So as part of a collection of pictures, especially if that's her parent's home or their new home is fine.

Thanks again Scott for sharing!

Asher